Chapter 77- Our Hero

Surprise Bonus Chapter this week

Warnings: blood, battles, jump-scare, emotional chapter, longer than normal, angst, and plot-twist with cliffhanger.

Your POV

The train crash sends all of you flying through the air. Using star breathing's first form to protect yourself from dying on impact. Not caring about your own injuries as you push away from the ground.Running frantically trying to find him.

Watching Tanjiro's sun breathing attack was truly marvelous! The power he has is unbelievable. Though... it has probably left him past his limit.

Where are you?!

Finding him laying on his side makes you heart skip a beat. Sliding to your knees beside him. Gently shaking his shoulder, he is unconscious. The wound is still bleeding from when he was stabbed.

Inosuke cheers while running towards you, "Woohoo, Tanpachiro! We did it! Wait, Is he alright?"

Inosuke grabs him from you giving him a harsh shake which makes you scream at him for being too rough, "Eh!! Be gentle with him!"

"I forgot you were stabbed! How is your stomach?" Inosuke is genuinely concerned.

Tanjiro doesn't open his eyes and his voice sounds weak, "I am alright. What about you?"

"I have never felt better! Not a scratch on me."

"Tanjiro-Kun. Just rest!"

"I don't think I can move right now. Inosuke, can you help the others. See if anyone is hurt, is that conductor is alright?"

Inosuke holds Tanjiro with such gentleness and talks with him. You use this time to work on his wound. Trying to get the bleeding to stop but nothing is working.

 Trying to get the bleeding to stop but nothing is working

"That guy? Ha! His legs are shattered. He can rot for all I care! Did you forget he was the one who stabbed you!"

"He has already suffered enough.. please go help him, Inosuke. Do this... for me." Tanjiro whispers.