Chapter 139 - Our King

Warnings: blood, violence, and new demon king

Y/N Kamado POV

Tears streaming down your face, body shaking with sobs. Chest heaving as you can't even catch your breath. Hiding your face against Tanjiro's chest while drowning in your emotions. When the faint sound catches your attention.

Thud...

Thud...

Thud Thud..

Leaning back as you whimper already suspecting what you would find. Sure enough Tanjiro is awake. Watching his eye regenerate with a demonic pink color. Demonic slit pupil.

Drool forming in his mouth as it builds against his fangs

Drool forming in his mouth as it builds against his fangs. You see his last tear rolls off his eyelashes of his human eye: before it's consumed by the new blood cells.

Within Tanjiro's mind the final words of Muzan echo over and over in a command,

"I bestow all of my powers to you. Become the strongest King ever. DESTORY THE DEMON SLAYERS FOR ME, Tanjiro Kamado."

Meeting his gaze as the last of his humanity slips away. Suddenly a new arm regenerates out of his body. Moving fast with dagger sharp nails aiming to slaughter you. Except Giyuu moves faster. Grabbing Tanjiro's love ones as he pushes you both out of the way.

A deep snarl of a sound sending chills across your skin. Seeing the new Demon King lower into a feral stance hungry for blood.

The kindest man turned into a monster.

He lunges to attack again straight for Nezuko when he falters letting out a bellow of a scream

He lunges to attack again straight for Nezuko when he falters letting out a bellow of a scream. Stumbling back as his skin is scorched from the sunbeams. The sounds building to a blood curdling scream that has you nauseous.

Watching your Husband burn in the sunlight. Hearing your Lover's screams. No one has moved a muscle as everyone just watch in horror.

Giyuu's voice shouting out the quote from the manga you once loved. A simple story years ago is now your living nightmare.