Chapter 6 - Wildflowers

Warnings: slight manga spoilers

Gorgeous wildflowers swaying in the wind as if they are dancing. Holding up your small knife menacingly as you approach them.

Sorry little beauties.
You are coming home with me to slowly die.

Bending down and shifting the basket off your back to start gathering. Your hand hesitates as you try to remember what might be poisonous.

"Leaves of three, leave them be."

Humming the small chant you learned as a child. The best way to avoid poisonous plants especially poison Ivy.

Feeling satisfied you begin harvesting the flowers and greenery

Feeling satisfied you begin harvesting the flowers and greenery. Gently placing them into the bucket. Tanjiro takes the moment to sit against a tree leaning his head back to rest.

He is incredibly protective about anyone wondering too far from the house. Hopefully these flowers pay off and make this extra work worth it for him.

After several minutes you have finished gather everything you will need. Looking back to see Tanjiro has fallen asleep.

Smiling you set aside the basket to take a seat as well

Smiling you set aside the basket to take a seat as well. The oldest son is constantly overworking himself to help the house run smoothly. You didn't think it was possible for him to look more precious but here he is.

Using this time to clear your mind and think of a strategy to save the Kamado's from the 'King of Pop'. Michael Jackson.

Tanjiro slept for an hour and apologizes for falling asleep.

"Home." Slowly pronouncing the new word. Tanjiro's shoulders relax as he smiles.

"Yes. Let's go home." He tries to take the basket from you as if it's heavy from the flowers. You wiggle a finger at him and tug it securely onto your back.

This is my burden to carry.

His smile never fades as he falls into step beside you. Your excitement growing at the idea of finally being able to contribute to the Kamado family.