Chapter 66 - Forever

Enjoy this bonus chapter
Warning: a wholesome moment

Tanjiro kamado POV

"Nezuko. Tonight is when I will ask y/n to be my wife. I wish you could give me some advice. I miss our conversations."

I delicately braid her hair as y/n showed me how before. I am not the best at it but she doesn't seem to mind.

"I promise you

"I promise you. I am going to find a way to turn you back into a human. Then we will return home. For now, I will get stronger. Shinobu looked over my wounds earlier and has cleared me to begin recovery training."

I run my fingers through her hair while talking about the day. She makes a happy noise as I begin to braid the next strands.

"I love you sister. I will always care for you."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

I am pacing back and forth while I wait for y/n to  arrive. The nervousness has my throat feeling tight. I occasionally adjust my clothes and pick at any lint clinging to the fabric.

Looking down at the Kamado wedding ring seeing it shine from the sunrays. I admire the beauty of the craftmanship. The ring my father chose to give his wife.

I wonder if dad was this excited and nervous.
I have never wanted anything more.
I want her.

The colorful sunset fades to a vibrant purple as moonlight begins to fill the valley. I watch carefully as the sky clears and the stars appear.

There!
That is y/n's favorite constellation

I smile as I hide the ring safely away while I wait for my future to come to me.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

I recommend listening to
Better Place by Rachel
While reading the rest of the chapter.

What song do you like best for Tanjiro x y/n?

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Your POV

After another brutal day of training with Mitsuri, you rush through the open field to meet Tanjiro. Watching the gorgeous sunset as you approach the meeting place. He insisted on star gazing tonight but he should be resting and healing his wounds.