Chapter 126 - Moments

Warnings: manga spoiler (hint at someone dying), nightmare, confession, and harsh training. Early release!!

DEAR READERS!
There is another voting opportunity at the end of this chapter please let me know your wishes for this story! Voting ends Monday 6.19.23
Fun fact I'm currently writing Tanjiro Smut 😏

─── ───

Sanemi Shinazugawa POV

It feels wrong to sleep apart.

Grumbling under my breath as I walk through the butterfly mansion. Sweat trinkling down my back from the private "training" session I had with Nora.

 Sweat trinkling down my back from the private "training" session I had with Nora

Fooling around with the risk of getting caught.
That definitely got my heart rate up.

Carrying my uniform top as smirk at the memory we just created. Nora is too worried about her friend being back. She didn't want to join me at my own estate. Saying she needs to stay close to her loser.

Their relationship is odd-

"Late night sparring?"

The tiny hairs on my neck stand straight up at the small but deadly voice of Shinobu. Glancing over my shoulder I give a slight smirk.

"You can call it that."

She gives a weak grin before looking away. Something about her is different I hesitate to make any more snarky remarks. Noticing how puffy her under eyes are.

"Have you been crying?"

Watching Shinobu shrug her shoulders without a reply has me shocked. Before I can ask what's wrong she meets my gaze.

"I need to ask you for a favor."

I've known her for years now and never has she asked for a favor, "Anything."

"After this battle. Take care of Giyuu... promise that you will-"

I abruptly interrupt her, "Ha. You can take care of him once we defeat that demon scum."

"I won't be here."

I roll my eyes and give her a nudge with my elbow, "Whoa, I would have never picked you to be the one to get frighten before battle."

"Sanemi."

Her voice is different with a serious tone. A chill rushes up my arm. Watching Shinobu fall apart as tears won't stop streaming down her face. Without thinking I pull her into a hug. Allowing her to sob until she finally speaks again.