Chapter 120 - Our Girl

Warnings: abuse, panic attack, sobbing, blood, a dream and rage.

Tanjiro Kamado POV

Sweat pouring from my skin as I lift my sword again screaming with rage as I attack. Pushing my body regardless of my wounds.

Training shirtless with bandages cover my injuries. My friends Inosuke, Zenitsu, Kanao and Nora waiting on the side lines for the chance to train. I've hardly said a word to any of them.

The feeling of blood trickling down my back from an injury rips open. The pain only serving as a reminder that I am still not strong enough.

Giyuu is sparring with me in a ruthless manner.

Showing no sympathy as we spar.

Senjuro begged him to let me rest until I finally told the boy that I would be fine.

After all I am fine.
I am alive.
I am not being held captive.
I am not being tortured or worse.

I grit my teeth as I wonder what he is doing to my wife. The anger filling my veins with adrenaline and the desire to grow stronger. Taking a deep inhale as I prepare an attack.

The familiar burning sensation across my forehead as I activate my demon slayer mark to achieve faster speed

The familiar burning sensation across my forehead as I activate my demon slayer mark to achieve faster speed. Within that second my feet are sliding across the dirt as my sword almost makes contact with Giyuu's neck.

A loud clash of metal colliding as my blade connects with Shinobu's sword. She quickly positioned herself between us. Protecting Giyuu at the last second as my attack would have struck.

"Easy Tanjiro. We don't need another dead Hashira on our hands. Go take a walk."

I feel like arguing due to the anger boiling inside of me but my compassion wins. Caring for these people, my friends. I step away from them as I realize how close I came to seriously injuring Giyuu.

Water welding in my eyes as I look around. The scents of worry and pitty are thick in the air. I turn and quickly walk away without saying a word to any of them. An emotional storm stirring within me.

In minutes Inosuke and Zenitsu are running behind me. Keeping close to my heels as they finally speak to me.

"Tanjiro." Hearing Zenitsu hold back his own tears, "We are so sorry. I can't believe this is happening. We will find a way to rescue her."

Inosuke's voice is loud, "No shit! We will destroy that bastard for taking her! I'll be rip his arms off and I will let you cut off his head!! Hahahaha!"

The two of them attempting to find ways to comfort me as I finally stop. Bending over as I grab my knees my breath coming in short gasps. The air feels thick as if I can't get any to my lungs. Hands sweaty and my ears begin to buz.