Chapter 125 - Reunited

Warnings: sweet embrace, friendship, love, rage and hunting. Extra long chapter since the last was short and we have all been waiting for this moment. Early Release 🤍

Tanjiro Kamado POV

The serpent Hashira truly is unique...

Staring at my fellow peers confined to wooden beams with rope. Each of them gagged so they can't scream or speak. My eye twitches at the bizarre sight.

"Uh- did these people commit some type of crime to deserve this punishment?" I ask nervously turning around to see Iguro giving a menacing stare as he speaks.

"Yes they did.
The crime of being weak!
The crime of not learning!
The crime of being a pain in the ass!
The crime of irritating me!"

I gulp as I take a step away from his scary disposition. With that the training started. Trying to dodge between the human obstacles while getting attacked by a Hashira. His movements weaving between the corps members like a snake. Striking me with harsh force.

He really hates me...
Ever since we first met.

Even though he has a wooden sword he somehow manages to slither through narrow openings just like a snake. This training went one for four days before I finally was able to strike more acutely than before. Dodging his blows and launching my own attacks.

When my wooden sword cut the hem of his stripped haori. He said my training was over, "Die you scum! Leave me sight! Don't get too friendly with Kanroji either!!"

After all that....
He still hates me.

I let out a sigh and give a weak smile, "Thank you for trai-"

My words abrupt stop. Catching a brief smell brig carried by the breeze. Dropping the wooden sword before taking off in a sprint. Not saying a single word.

I chase after the slight scent of my Wife

She is nearby!

I can hear Iguro screaming at me to not leave while he is in the middle of a conversation. Scolding me for being impolite. Yet I push myself to run faster.

I could care less.
There is not doubt.
This is y/n's scent.

Adrenaline cursing through my veins pushing myself to move quicker. Feet slapping the earth as I try not to lose my balance. Body aching from injuries and harsh training.