Chapter 19 - Cruelty

Warnings: profanity/bad words, violence, blood,  and slight manga spoilers

Time passing feels physically painful.

Laying on the wooden floors of the shed as you gasp for air. Your finger nails covered in dried blood from trying to rip the hinges off the door. Body aching from throwing yourself multiple times, in an attempt to break it open.

The shed's belongings thrown all around from a fit of rage. The only thing left inside of you is a cold numbness. Your throat feels raw from screaming and crying.

The first rays of morning shine under that awful wooden door. Tilting your head as you roll over. Using your arms to push yourself off the floor to stand. Stumbling forward. A new sense of urgency rushing through you.

Something deep within you whispering to give it another try. Your heart begins to race faster as you take in a deep breath. Filling your lungs with air. Charging for the wood door once again.

Finally

It

Breaks

Open

Tumbling out of the darkness and into the white chilly snow. Laying there for a moment in disbelief before scrambling to your feet.

Be alive

Pushing emotional pain aside for the miles that lay ahead. Running frantically through the snow. Sliding every several feet against the slick ground.

Be alive

Desperately looking around the surroundings as if you will find him. Sprinting around a corner, only to slam into a tree to keep from falling. Pushing off the rough bark to gain speed.

Please be alive!

Ignoring the agony of sore muscles while sprinting. Chest heaving while you draw in huge gusts of cold air. The trees begin to blur around you.

Sliding to a stop before the building you have been calling home. Standing before what has been your sanctuary, as your body trembles.

The front door of the house torn apart leaving the gruesome horror on display. Your love ones laying motionless amongst dark blood. The massacre is worst than the anime or manga could ever prepare you for.

"Baby Rokuta."

"Shigeru... Takeo.."

"Sweet Hanako..."

"...Mama Kamado..."

Throwing your head back as release a gut-wrenching scream. Your anguish howling through the woods. Arching your back as sorrow twists into deep realization.