Chapter 40 - Final Selection

Warnings: fighting, profanity/bad words, and cuddles

Leaving Nezuko behind is incredibly hard for Tanjiro. In an attempt to comfort him you grab ahold of his hand while beginning the journey to mount Fujikasane.

It takes all day to travel there. The sun already close to disappearing behind the horizon. There is wisteria blooms all around the base of the mountain and up the sloop. Leaving the top as an open arena for this challenge.

"They are gorgeous." Tanjiro admires the purple flowers while ascending the mountain. Meanwhile you are busy admiring him.

His smiles grows once he notices you looking at him

His smiles grows once he notices you looking at him. Reaching his arm out as he takes your hand.

This really is a dream come true

Together you walk towards the people that have gathered. Tanjiro refusing to let go of your hand while waiting. His thumb softly rubs the back of your hand.

All these people have traveled here to become demon slayers. Gasping as you spot Zentisu, Genya and Kanao. Seeing them in real life gives you chills.

Then the two of the Master's quintuplets appear. They are standing in formal attire to explain the rules. Their doll-like expressions are eerie. Tanjiro and you listen carefully as they speak.

This is going to be a long week.

"Now your trial begins."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

FIRST NIGHT

Running alongside Tanjiro as you both keep a guard up. Ready for any demons to attack. We only have to get through the night then we can rest.

Tanjiro explains his theory to head east in order to be the closest to where the sunlight will first shine.

"Stop. I smell a demon."