Chapter 141 - Dead or Alive

Finally I have a Discord for this account.
Come join my server:
https://discord.gg/Yx5mq74M

Enjoy chatting with other Readers and me about this story, Tanjiro, demon slayer or anything else.

I have a few big things planned 🤫

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Warnings: crying, heartache, angst, anxiety, depression and pain.

Y/N Kamado POV

Moonlight filtering through the curtains, casting a soft blue hue over the infirmary room. The open space with multiple recovery beds. Your eyes fluttering as the vision comes into focus.

A soft cool breeze tickling across your skin. Shivering as you tug up the covers. Instant warmth feels comforting being you a bittersweet moment of peace and tranquility.

Taking in a deep breath when it hitches. Harsh gasp of the sharp pain in your abdomen. Diaphragm unable to fully flex to give your lungs the space for breath deep. Wincing from this as the memories of battle come crashing into your mind.

Remembering the battle from the previous night. Shiftings in bed as the memories hurt worse than the aches of your abdomen aches. The sounds of swords clashing, the smell of blood, the sight of her comrades fighting alongside her, seeing those dead bodies, but worse Tanjiro's feral screams.

Seeing your Husband as the Demon King. That final image of him looking back in horror at what he did before running away.

Trying to rush out of bed, realizing that you can't move. Muscles ache, and she feeling weak and exhausted. More than that something is holding you down.

Glancing at your waist to see a feminine arm holding you. Nora's arm wrapped around your body that's when you feel her sleepy soft breathes against the back of your neck. Trying to force her arm off but it's heavy and your muscles feel numb.

A pinging sense of comfort and safety, knowing that your is not fully alone. Gratitude for her, the way she cares for you so deeply. Tenderness to the way she is holding you as you sleep.

The surge of fear for Tanjiro's safety is too strong to stay. Giving a forceful shove to Nora's arm as you toss back the blankets. Forcing yourself up only has the wounds on your body throbbing. Mind goes dizzy and disorienting you. Almost tumbling to the floor as your heart is pounding.

Knowing your Husband is alone and a demon is the only thing your mind zones in on that. Unable to rest until you know what has happened to them. That Tanjiro is safe... forcing the strength in your muscles to flex as you push away from the warmth of the bed.

Another attempt at a deep breath has that sharp pain of the wound forcing you to whimper. Gritting your teeth together as you attempt to ignore the pain. Standing weakly as you are unsteady. One step forward has your knees buckling under you. Arms flailing as you grab the bedpost.

Glancing back to Nora, she is sleeping still. The slight sense of guilt for leaving her without a goodbye but you have to find Tanjiro.  Time is of the essence every moment that passes Tanjiro might be losing himself to his demonic urges.

Snagging your nichirin blade from the nearby table. Feeling the weight of the sword in my hands as you prepare to leave. Determined to find Tanjiro no matter the cost. Going for your shoes

Creeping past the male slumped back in a chair nearby. Deep and steady breaths coming from Giyuu as he sleeps there. Reaching for your shoes very slowly as they are the last thing you need.