Chapter 26 - Surprise

Warnings: blood, profanity/bad words,

Falling into the new routine. Racing up the mountain and back down while dodging as many traps as possible. Tanjiro's sense of smell is already improving within this first month.

Your sensei doesn't give us any free time. If both of you aren't training you're meant to be resting. You haven't dare to try and see the stars since that night.

Though you can't stop thinking about Tanjiro.

You learn that Urokodaki doesn't have many luxuries and prefers the simple life. As in... Bathing in the nearby stream since he doesn't own a bath. This is an adjustment to say the least.

The views are absolutely gorgeous!

Except I may never get over this

awkward feeling of bathing outside

Fully dressed and walking back to the house. You carefully attempt to braid your hair up. The hairstyle that Nezuko taught you. You've attempted this braid several times and are close to giving up.

When you finally accomplishing it. Feeling overwhelm with pride you begin jumping around with excitement.

Art by unknown

Art by unknown

Swirling in a circle when you notice Tanjiro watching your little happy dance. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Only for a minute. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I am just happy to see you this joyful." Tanjiro's admits.

Your face warming from a blush, "Today feels like a good day. My muscles are not as sore, and we are improving quickly!"

His smile makes you want to move closer to him. Instead you playful cheer out, "Then let's race up this mountain and continue this good day."

As you gain speed and are able to come down the mountain sooner than normal that day. Meaning Urokodaki gives an extra task.

Today's lesson,

Learn how to fall down!

Training to do it as softly as possible to get up quickly.He throws tanjiro over his shoulder with ease and he rolls to the ground.

Urokodaki turns to you, before you have time to prepare yourself. He tosses you across the yard. Body slamming into the ground that you lose your breath.

Ouch