Newsworthy

~Third Omniscient POV~

     "Let me start at the beginning," a man spoke to himself as if he were reporting the latest news story. In the background, there was a video feed of the boys fighting a large metal robot that had one eye and was equipped with guns. "I first met the Turtles in a battle that raged on for hours. Since that first battle, I knew-- That's not me, I'm over there," the man who was speaking was revealed to be a worm with a blond pompadour.

     "Prepare to taste the awesome wrath of my incredible--" he was cut off by Donnie landing on top of him.

     "I knew after this first fantastical battle, that we could meet again," the feed cut to the four fighting mutant bowling pins. "And again," the boys were hopping over rooftops kicking a soccer ball. "For I am Warren Stone, former number one news anchor, and the greatest foe of the Teenage Mutant Loser Turtles."

     "Hmm? Ooh, I'm late!" the worm threw himself onto a desk, flipping on a TV to watch the news.

     "I am Carly Balmaceda filling in for the completely forgotten Warren Stone. The search for missing hypnotist, Mezmer-Ron and his hippopotamus, Doug, continues. In unrelated news, a monster hippo in a magician's tuxedo is terrorizing local magicians, and stealing their trick animals. And with no animals, there's no magic."

     "News flash, those wannabe hero Turtles will be hot on that mutant hippo's trail, which will make setting a trap for them so easy. With their destruction coming at my hands, I won't be reporting the news, I'll be the news.

     Somewhere on the rooftops, a "hippo" was hopping down, landing clumsily on its head. As he moved closer to the light, the stitching and googly eyes became more realizable. The man in the costume tugged at the mascot head until it popped off.

     "You sure that evil mutant hippo is around here? It's a million degrees in this thing," Raph tugged at the neck hole, attempting to get any air to drift into it. His brothers hopped to his side as he groaned in discomfort. Leo sat on the edge of the rooftop, enjoying the breeze himself.

     "Um, I'd be happy to wear it, if you need a break," Mikey leaned forward on the ledge as he offered to swap places. Donnie stood in the back with a bored-looking Y/n beside him. The two had come to an agreement that they could come after Raph had left behind their pocket knife. Y/n had stopped Donnie at one point to ramble to him about how important it was to them, and thus they made their deal, that Y/n could go on missions until they could get their weapon back.

     "No, no. No, no, no, no," Raph tugged the head off of Mikey. "I'm the leader. The leader wears the suit."

     "Well, I mean, he's got a point. Raph is the most hippo-like," Leo commented, two of his brothers chuckling at him.

     "I'm gonna attract him, I need a little more of that female hippo scent," Raph turned to Donnie, who pulled a hippo-shaped perfume bottle, spritzing it onto his older brother. "Jazzy fresh."

     "Help!" a voice made all of them whip their heads in the direction they heard the call.

     "Guys, that must be him," Raph stuffed the head back on as the others leaped into action.

     "A hippo magician is trying to saw my magic worm in half," they snuck through the trees to a nearly pitch-black playground. Spotlights pointed at a box in the middle of a stage, two large arrows pointing down at the worm inside.

     "Does anyone else find this whole thing a little--" Y/n spoke up, the Turtles looking over to them as they spoke.

     "Odd? Just--" Donnie's words were cut off by Mikey's arms pushing his face down.