The Clothes Don't Make the Turtle

~Normal POV~

     "Raph, come on," Leo urged his older brother to make an appearance. "We wanna see."

     "Hold on," Raph shot back, sounding unsure as he no doubt was looking over himself in the mirror behind the curtain with him. "You can't rush fashion."

     My head bobbed lightly with the music playing in the dressing room as Raph shoved the curtains out of the way showing off the burgundy tuxedo and matching tie and shoes, along with a pink dress shirt underneath, finalized with a pair of sunglasses.

     The trio of turtles and I gasped at the sight of the outfit, admiring it in awe. "Be honest," Raph flicked up the sunglasses as he looked at us.

     "I love it!" Leo spoke with a large grin, his twin sending him a bored look after he glanced over the outfit once more.

     "Yeah, I'm just not in love with it, y'know?" Donnie peered at the suit and Raph let out a gasp in despair.

     "I'm a disaster," he hit a hand to his face and we just watched.

     "Raph, it's okay," Mikey said from his spot, hands balled up and sitting on his ankles as he sat cross-legged on the couch. "You look fine."

     "Fine?" Raph echoed, brows furrowed in disbelief. "Fine is not an option. For this event, Raph needs to look great!" he exclaimed.

     "Don't worry, big brother," Leo and Donnie shared smug grins as they looked him over. "There's more where that came from," they both held up more outfits for their eldest brother to try on.

     The next outfit Raph tried on was more of a 'bad boy' look, definitely not suiting him. His next one reminded me of Indiana Jones, making me shake my head with his brothers. He came out once more in a colorful jacket and skinny jeans and we shook our heads again. Finally, the curtains parted to reveal a white suit with a low-cut pink undershirt that looked good on him. We started clapping for the outfit and Raph smiled shyly.

     "You guys really like it?" he adjusted the undershirt a bit. It was messily stuffed into the pants, but it was totally Raph's style.

     "Does this place have smoke detectors? Because you're on fire, big daddy," Leo complimented, tugging Donnie closer, the younger twin offering two thumbs up with a large toothy grin.

     "Aww, you guys. . ." he let out a chuckle and scratched the back of his head, flattered by Leo's compliment. "Let's roll," he jutted a thumb to the exit, only I didn't see one.

     "Hold on a minute," Leo stole the words from my mouth, but for a different reason. His eyes latched onto a shirt as the song on the boombox seemed to loop. "How could I say no to this?" he pulled out the pink shirt that said 'brand' in blue lettering.

     "You can't," Raph grinned at the shirt. We were back in our seats on the couch as Leo hid behind the curtain, emerging in the brand shirt, a sweatband and wrist bands, and tennis shorts. We shook our heads at the outfit, definitely was not the fit.

     His next outfit was crew socks and an oversized white dress shirt that exposed the top of his plastron. He made a funny pose that made Donnie spit out his water beside me. My brows furrowed; hadn't he finished that water already? There was no fountain in sight for him to refill it in. 

     The third outfit was like an old mid-west sheriff you could see in cowboy movies, Leo holding bananas as gun substitutes. Where did he find those bananas. His final outfit was a brown leather flight jacket that had fluffy white fur lining the neck, a dark grey tank top underneath, dog tags, and dark ripped jeans that were held up by a black belt.