Repo Mantis

~Normal POV~

     "Man, junkyards are gold mines!" Donnie pried open the trunk of a car, his spider shell digging through the discarded items. His head lifted as he sniffed a pineapple-shaped car freshener. "Who needs real pineapples when you have these babies?" my eyes shifted to the large magnet that lifted the car next to us, Mikey tensing up at the sudden creaking and screeching as it moved.

     "Donnie!" I called out, pointing to the rising vehicle being lifted above our heads.

     "Donnie! Donnie!" Mikey shouted more urgently, his brother being more focused on the junk. "I really think we should--"

     "Ah, fuzzy nerd dice!" he inspected the item closely.

     "Donnie!" I yelled, still getting no response before Mikey yanked the both of us away as the car crashed down, falling down the precariously stacked cars before landing inside another one.

     "Mikey, next time, I would appreciate a heads-up," Donnie gave his brother a disapproving look. I glared at the purple ninja through the rearview mirror.

     "Okay. Heads up!" Donnie readjusted the mirror after meeting my eyes to see a tow truck pulling a comically large vehicle behind it.

     "Is that. . ." Mikey started, not getting the chance to finish as a wide grin crossed Donnie's face.

     "It is!" there was a sparkle in his eyes, a sign he would nerd out over the subject.

     "The Jupiter Jim Moon Buggy!" Mikey cheered.

     "Featured in not one, not two, but 60 sequels of 'Jupiter Jim's Last Trip to the Moon.' Ah!" he rambled excitedly as it was dragged further into the junkyard.

     "How could anybody let that historical gem slip through their fingers?" Mikey pouted, his brother turning to him with an almost sympathetic expression.

     "I do not know, Michael," Donnie turned to face the vehicle, his face falling into a stern look. "but we've got to have it," the three of us snuck out of the convertible and made our way to the buggy.

     "But how are we gonna get the car?" we peeked around a car with a missing headlight, looking out for the owner of the junkyard. "We can't go and talk to one of those human people," Mikey reminded his brother.

     "Maybe you can't, but I can," I nudged the younger turtle. A cat whined from inside the empty hood and I snatched it up as a set of claws hooked under the rusted vehicle, lifting it.

     "Who the heck are youse?" the purple mantis held the car above his head.

     "Oh, no, a mutant!" Donnie cried, hand sticking out to shield his eyes from the sun. "Wait, we're mutants, too. It's okay," his face dropped back to his expressionless gaze as the three of us sat up.

     "Dude, you better hide," Mikey warned as the brothers sat on their knees. "There's a human guy around here," he pointed somewhere in the distance. The man eyed me warily but noted how the two turtles had trusted me.

     "Easy, easy," the mutant tossed the car behind him, revealing the scrapyard sign. "This is Repo Mantis Salvage. The guy is me," he gestured between himself and the sign.

     "This is your lot?" Mikey stood and approached the man, hands clapping together as they stood face-to-face. "You have got to sell us that moon buggy! Please!" he pleaded before Donnie yanked him a good distance away. The mantis kept a hard stare on me as the boys whispered to each other before spinning back around, both of them wearing a pair of shades. They stalked over to inspect the buggy without being too weird about it.