The Hidden City Job

~Normal POV~

     Meet at Hueso's was the text I received from a certain red-eared slider. So I equipped the mask Donnie made for me and stuffed my shrunken staff into my pocket. I made that goofy little gesture and the gateway opened for me and I stepped into Run of the Mill pizza, seeing the blue-clad turtle was sat at a table with the owner in front of him.

     "Hola, Señor Hueso," I greeted the skeleton as I made my way to Leo. "Leo, why did you tell me to meet you here?"

     "I was getting to that," he turned to the bone man. "Okay, Señor Hueso, my beloved brother Donatello and I had a bit of a spat, so what kind of pizza says, 'I'm so sorry I called you a selfish, egg-headed weirdo?'" Hueso groaned at the question.

     "I don't know. Hawaiian?" he suggested the pizza.

     "Mm, Donnie considers pineapple and ham incompatible," I leaned over Leo's shell to look at the menu.

     "Like I said, a weirdo," Leo told the skeleton as I continued to skin over the menu. Hueso let out a sigh at Leo denying the pizza toppings.

     "What? All right," Hueso snagged a ladle from a diner and pointed it at the man he was yelling at. My eyes glanced back to see Piel. "Get out, you miserable cur!"

     "Okay, I'll get the Hawaiian. Mama Mia," Leo turned away, thinking Hueso was shouting that at him. "Capitán Piel?" he asked excitedly once he caught sight of the man made of skin. "What brings you to this dump? How are things?" Leo grabbed a breadstick, taking a bite out of it and I did the same.

     "If my brother is here, he is up to no good," Señor Hueso glared daggers as he fought with his brother.

     "Hueso, I have gone straight. No more crimes," Piel told the skeleton.

     "That's something I could never do," me and Leo snickered at my quiet joke, bumping our breadsticks together before taking another bite.

     "No more piracy," Piel continued, not hearing my short joke.

     "I don't believe you!" Hueso shouted and I had to hold back a gag as one of Piel's arms wrapped up his body like a snake to its prey.

     "My brother, I come to you for help," the man of skin told his brother.

     "I will help you," Hueso said, confusing me, Leo, and Piel. "To the door," he began to push his brother towards the exit.

     "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Leo popped up between the two. "You can't just kick out your untrustworthy criminal brother," the red-eared slider said smoothly. "He's family. So what do you need, skin man?" Leo grinned at Piel.

     "Just a favor," he spoke as Hueso brushed off his suit. "I have given up my own life, but to be fully free, there is one last debt I must repay. So I humbly ask your help on one last mission."

     "No," Hueso immediately rejected without even knowing the details. "I do not need my life shaken up like some cheap vinaigrette."

     "Ah," Piel let out a sound of frustration as he adjusted his hat back on his head. "I knew it was a mistake to expect you to give me a second chance."

     "Wait," Leo called after Piel. "I know a brother squabble when I see one, and there's no one better to un-squabble you than moi," Leo said confidently and I elbowed him with a glare. "And maybe Y/n," he quickly added.

     "Aren't you here because you had a fight with your brother?" Hueso peered at the blue turtle.

     "And if someone didn't try to up-sell me on Hawaiian, I'd have fixed it by now," Leo squinted at the bone man. "Capitán Piel, you can count on us. Vamanos!"