Todd Scouts

~Normal POV~

     I glanced up at the boys who were stuck in a giant Chinese finger trap. "Your enemies have you in their grasp," Splinter made a scenario for the boys. "Now think. Your next move could be your last."

     I watched as they struggled in the binding, none of them working together to get out of the trap. With enough effort, Donnie got a hand out of the trap. "Yes, yes, you're getting it!" Splinter encouraged the boys. The soft-shelled turtle pulled his phone out of his shell, typing away on it.

     "Wait, what are you doing?" Splinter glared up at the boy.

     "I am looking up how to get us out," he said absent-mindedly as he continued to type away with one finger.

     "Oh-ho-ho!" Raph looked at his younger brother. "Great thinking, Donnie," he complimented the purple turtle.

     "No! That is not what ninjas do," Splinter scolded with furrowed brows.

     "Got it!" Donnie exclaimed. "We just need to push forward to trigger the release," he used Raph's arm as leverage to push himself forward. "And. . . voilà," three of the turtles tumbled to the ground before Donnie landed on top of them like they were his throne.

     Splinter let out an angry groan before whipping a book at the purple turtle who flew back at the force it hit him with. He let out a yelp of surprise and pain as he hit the floor.

     "Ninjas need to be able to think their way out of a problem," Splinter stood at the top of the ramp, glaring down at his sons while I sat beside him, legs kicking the air boredly.

     "We did, with our phones," Mikey pulled out the device, waving it around a bit. Leo stood up and stretched, back cracking after being landed on top of.

     "What if you don't have your phones?" Splinter spat out another scenario to the boys.

     "Who took our phones?" Leo glared, not wanting the electronics to be taken away. Behind him, Mikey rubbed the phone against his cheek.

     "No one, they just, uh-- they just stopped working," the rat offered and Leo stared with a pout and crossed arms.

     "What's the point of even living then?" Mikey cried out at the hypothetical scene Splinter created. Raph and Donnie were quick to comfort the now crying Mikey with a hug and a glare at their father.

     "That is it!" Splinter snapped, putting his hands on his hips as he glared at his sons. "We are going to the woods!"

     "The what?" Donnie tensed up before Splinter forced us all into the Tank. Of course, I was being dragged into this. With my pocket knife, I should get by just fine. There was no chance Splinter was letting any of us keep our tech while we were out here.

     The whole ride I was listening to Todd's rambles about how excited he was to teach us about surviving the outdoors while the Turtles just typed away on their phones. It was a bit of a ride, but Splinter finally stopped and kicked us out of the Tank.

     "Ah, you hear that?" he spoke after taking a breath of fresh air. "That is the sound of no phones," he breathed out, listening to birds chirping, that was until the boys started typing away on their cells.

     Splinter quickly took all of the devices away from the Turtles, glaring at them as he held onto them all. I kept mine tucked safely into my pocket, giving Splinter a grin to show I was paying attention so as to not get mine taken away.

     A portal opened above the rat's head and Leo's hand popped through, taking the devices back and the boys went right back to typing or scrolling through whatever media they were on.