67

Jungkook really hates himself for still not being able to do anything  that could help him clear the series of conflicts and misunderstandings between him and Tae. But it's not like he is doing it purposefully and if there is anything that could help him sort out this mess he would have gladly taken the chance.

       But no, there seems like no such miracle happening anytime soon and he has to wait till it's the right time to step forward and do everything that he has been dying to do since the start of his life in the university.

      And that is the reason why he stayed on his spot and let Tae leave him even when he wanted to do nothing but run after him and apologize for each word that has left his mouth while knowing how much those words could hurt his baby. 

       But still he is not going to be reckless and risk it when he knows that the things that you do with the best intentions would never yield the results that you desire if they are not done at the right time.

      He still remembers how Tae has asked him why he tried to lead him on if he didn't like him that way. But he has no idea how he managed to keep himself together and act nonchalant that day but he was not just ready to be honest with him yet and he has struggle a lot not to blurt out the words that was clouding on his head ready to be spilled out.

   " I wasn't leading you on..I too love you more than anyone else but I can't say it out just yet...why did you have to confess to me now?"

      He really wants to say all those out but couldn't because he shouldn't do something like that when it could have cost him the precious baby standing in front of him. He was not ready to lose him but if only he knew what the future did have in store for him.

     He really did hate himself for being the cause of the pain that was clearly visible in the other boy's face and he didn't want to make him cry but he didn't do anything about it because he prefers the pain for a little period over that of a lifetime.

        He needs Tae for the rest of his life, not for just a short span of time. So he couldn't let himself act on his instincts instead of his head. 

       And just like he let Tae take his leave on the first time because of his indecisiveness he actually let that happen for the second time as well when his mind was screaming at him for being a fool. But still he thought that it's the best thing he could do if he has to protect their relationship from his dad.

     But what he never thought as he let Tae walk away after that unpleasant conversation was that that would be the last time he is going to have a chance to actually mend everything broken between them. And he never thought that the boy who he loves with everything he has was going to ghost him for the months to follow.

    Jungkook was honestly regretting everything that has been happening between them lately which was only because of him still not being ready to take the chance and make a confession which the brunette deserved to receive. 

       But somehow he was not really sure of what Tae actually meant by everyone ganging up against him because he has not the faintest idea of something of the sort happening in their inner circle. But he was not ready to let the information go easily without getting to the bottom of Tae's new-found reasons and displeasure.

      And instead of sitting back in his room and trying to come up with possible explanations, he went to see Jimin seeking answers from him and he wasn't very much surprised when he heard what his so-called friends had done to Tae just because they thought that their maknae was being mistreated.