108

Tae panted as he ran up the steps that were leading to the top, to the cliff. His heart was beating erratically and his mind was going crazy not being able to push away the unwanted scenarios clouding his mind.

        But it was inevitable to expect the unwanted when the situation is as fucked up as this. And by the time he reached the top he was already breathing heavily, results of running instead of walking when it was a sloppy surface.

     But what else was he supposed to do when he was informed that the boy he has come back for is here at a place he never expected him to be at,  now somewhere else at the top  of this place, doing god knows what, and he could only hope that it was nothing like he is thinking.

      Even though he trusts Jungkook not to be as pessimistic as him, he couldn't help but wonder what the boy is doing here, at a place where the brunette tried to take his life just a couple of weeks ago.

     He doesn't know what to think of it, but when he got that notification when he was just meters away from the airport, he didn't know how significant it was for him. 

     Coming at the most unexpected time, but as a precious reminder, it was his mom's email, last to be precise. He wouldn't get another one from her, she has stated that in the letter.

     And after being played by the tragic hands of fate again and again, finally it has been working in their favor, and for the first time something happened at the right time.

     Her words were depressing as usual, making him feel the pain all over again, but there was something more to it than the previous ones and everything she told him when she was alive, precisely something contrasting.

     And even though the whole thing was making him confused, it has been something which he needed the most at the moment. It was the sign he was praying for. And when fate and his mom blessed him unanimously, he didn't think twice to ask the driver to stop the car. 

     And the first thing he did was to call the ravenette, suppressing the urge to appear at his dorm to give him a surprise. And how glad he was now for making the right choice.

    But how much time he tried to reach him, the call went unanswered. And all the time the response he got was that number he was calling is currently switch off and it was making the brunette's worry to skyrocket and he doesn't know what made him do that, but instead of calling someone from the college to check upon the boy and wait till they get back to him, he called the police department instead asking them to help him trace his friend's last tower location before the mobile was switched off.

    And while waiting for them to answer, he asked the driver to drive back to the college hoping that Jungkook must have just been in the dorm but had somehow missed charging the mobile or something. 

      But Tae knew that there was something seriously wrong. Because Jungkook is not the type to forget to charge his mobile causing the charge to go low and he doesn't even switch his mobile off even when attending important lectures. The ravenette would just put the mobile on silent, saying that it's more convenient for him. 

     And that was what got the brunette worried to the core and the situation in which he left the boy was also not a good one and praying to gods that it's just him overthinking about the things because of the unexpected situation, he worriedly waited for the investigator to call him back.