99

Jungkook panics not knowing what it was about. He cursed, racking his brain up to find something that could help him out of this situation. But because of his anxiety getting the best out of him under the piercing gaze of the older boy, he couldn't even think properly.

" Please stop talking in circles", Jungkook huffed, trying to keep his voice neutral. " I really don't know what you are talking about..or maybe I forgot", he cursed himself for blurting that out, but it was his nervousness that is getting the best out of him.

Tae scoffs, trying to mask his disappointment with it. " Of course, you'll forget", he grits out. " You really forgot it after telling me something as hurtful as that?"

 What?

      Jungkook seriously couldn't understand what it was about. And he hated himself for hurting the older so much.  He looked at him sadly trying his best to recall everything that has happened between them after they have fallen apart.

      But he has apologized for hurting Tae with those cruel words. Right?

    But is there something more to it? What did he miss out on? He bit his lips harshly, his eyes softening at the hopeful eyes of the brunette.

" Tae, please tell me what it was about..", he tried. " I don't know which of my words you are talking about but I really didn't mean any of it..it was all just my stupid self saying things in the heat of the moment..", he quickly added wanting to coax the other somehow.

Tae looked at him with a glare. " And I really don't like people who act in the heat of the moment.."

     Jungkook didn't respond to it because he had no idea what he was supposed to say. Because as much as he tried to not have a slip and hurt the other more, that's exactly happening again and again.

" You said that you still love her", the brunette mumbled softly after a moment of silence making the other snap his head towards him,  horrified. Is it what it's about? But didn't Tae know that already that it was not the truth?

" That was a lie", he said, trying to keep himself calm. " Why are you still stuck in there?" he asked. " I told you about it, right? Then why are you on it again?"

    Tae gave him a stern gaze, his mind recalling the night Jungkook drove him back to the apartment while telling why he rejected him like that. And he has already told him about his wretched family background as well. 

     But Tae was silent all along, not responding in any way. Jungkook was really upset about it but that didn't stop him from letting out the secrets that only Tae was yet to know in their group.

But the brunette was nowhere near calm after hearing it. " So it means nothing to you?" he scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. " Do you have any idea how much that one lie hurt me even if it wasn't real?"

The ravenette was trying his best not to snap, but it was getting difficult to not to with the way Tae was acting now.

 " Then what about you?" he asked, hesitantly not really eager to get into that particular topic. " I just told a lie, but you were with her 24/7. And you think that it didn't hurt me at all?"

    Tae looked at him with an unrecognizable glint in his eyes, guilt maybe, towards the two people he has wronged in his attempts to survive and where did it end him? At a cliff only to be called back to life by the same ravenette he was trying to run away from.