[9]You deadass could've asked 😿

After a quick ring of a bell, all three servants were standing in front of you and Ciel and stood quietly and awkwardly as Mey-Rin broke the silence

"So, young master, mistress, you wanted to speak with us about something?" She asked nervously as your neutral expression turned to one of delight. "Yes, we have a little job for the three of you to take care of!" You replied as you clasped your hands together.
"J"
"O"
"B?"
All three of them hugged each other in relief and you're sure you could hear sobbing.
"See, we didn't have to worry!"
"When they called us I thought for sure we were fired, yes I did!"

"This is a camera from the famous Talbot collection. It has a story behind it." Ciel said as he picked up an ordinary looking camera and placed it on the desk. "It had been missing from the collection altogether for some time. When it suddenly came up for auction, we bid immediately." He continued and rested his hand on it as the servants became confused.

"Who's Talbot?"

"Full name William Henry Fox Talbot. Let's see, he was a renowned English scientist and one of the inventors of photographic technology. There were some strange rumors about the last camera he used, the one our young master and mistress has acquired." Tanaka explained as he was suddenly in his full height "Legend has it that if you use this camera to photograph someone, whomever or whatever that person cares about most in the world, will appear as well."

"Oh, my, that sounds too incredible to be true!"
"Can such a camera really exist or is it just a rumor?"

"Perhaps we should take a picture and find out." You said as Ciel went under the cover to photograph Finny. "Don't move. The exposure takes ten seconds." Ciel ordered as Finny stood perfectly still. "Uh, what exactly is exposure?" Mey-Rin asked

"Basically, the camera is copying down an image of Finny." Bardroy explained as Finny was itching to move, "Stay still or the image will blur and we won't get a good picture." And then Ciel counted down the last three seconds before uncovering himself from the hood. "You didn't have to hold your breath the whole time." You said as Finny let out a big huff of air before looking back up in realization at what you said.

"Wow, look at that! It's my bird!" Finny exclaimed as Ciel held up the photograph that finished developing and revealed Finny with a small bird flying next to him. "Huh? Since when do you have a pet bird?" Bardroy asked as Finny sadly explained what happened to his bird friend.

"Oh, yes, I forgot to mention something." Tanaka added as he was back at his full height. "The camera has one other unique attribute. The new soul that it will show is not of this world. To put it plainly, the dead appear." He explained.

"The dead?"
"You mean ghosts!?"

"You can see why we would be so interested in this camera. Not only does it know who you care for the most but it reaches into the other world to photograph them." You said as Mey-Rin and Bardroy screamed and held onto each other. "But this is the nineteenth century. Surely nobody believes a story like that now." Bardroy tried to reason as he peaked over the chair that you and Ciel shared "That sounds amazing!" Mey-Rin exclaimed.