[45] He didn't even get to sleep yet 😦

"I can't say as I'm over fond of this weather

"I can't say as I'm over fond of this weather." Mey-Rin sighed as she looked out the kitchen window. Currently, you were hanging out in there with her and Bardroy because you had already done all your paperwork, leaving your brother alone in the study. "That's just the way it is 'round here though, ain't it? Always gloomy." Bardroy agreed as you laughed. "Don't be so down in the dumps, Bard! With the weather, it allows the growth of plants and makes the estate look so pretty!" You cheered as you swung your legs that hung from the table.

"But such a large estate is hard to maintain, you have to think about that, my lady." Bard reminded as he smoothed your hair from your spot on the table. "But I tell ya it's enough to make a man feel like-" Bard was interrupted by the sound of a loud book as he instinctively pulled you off and under the table and grabbed a table cover and placed it over where you sat to hide you from danger. He and Mey-Rin stood guard in front of your spot below the table, waiting to see who made such a loud noise.

"Hello there! Top of the mornin' don't mind us. We just dropped by for a little chat with your Earl and lovely countess." A voice you recognized immediately said as you still stayed under the table to see how everything would go. "Who the hell might you be?" Bard asked "Me? Why? If you don't like my answer, what are you going to do about it?" Charles Grey, the owner of the voice laughed as he immediately began attacking Mey-Rin and Bard.

Mey threw a pot of stew at him which he knocked away with his sword and aimed to swing at Bard who was on the ground when Mey was handed her guns from you and began shooting. "Oh, my! Two guns, is it? How spiffing!" He mocked as he ran around the kitchen and got close to her without her realizing as he soon sliced both of her guns in half. "But the advantage is mine in a close quarters fight. You see?" Grey shouted as he was about to get Mey when Bard appeared behind him with a knife, clearly trying to slice him from behind but Grey simply jumped off of Mey and ended up behind Bard.

"Behind you!" He announced when you ran from under the table and grabbed Phipps sword, who was also there, and clashed with Grey's ultimately ending up being the one holding Grey at knife point but Sebastian interfered by shoving a custard cream puff onto the sword. "Custard cream puffs. The filling was made from the eggs of our very own Phantomhive chickens and is of the highest quality. We would be honored if you'd try one." Sebastian told Grey as he slid the pastry off the sword and took a bite.

"I suppose it's passable. If you go in for that sort of thing." He praised "Oi, Sebastian, who are these blokes?" Bard demanded to know. "My names Charles Grey. It's a pleasure, and all that." Grey introduced himself to the servants as well as Phipps. "And my name is Charles Phipps. A pleasure." "We're often known as the double Charles'. Our work for her majesty is part butler, part private secretary, based on what's called for." Grey explained before perking up and holding his arms open.

"Oh, Grey and Phipps, how nice it is to see you again!" You exclaimed as you gave a hug to Grey. "Y/n, dear, what a pleasure to be greeted by your darling face!" Grey greeted as he gave you a tight hug and a small box before you moved onto Phipps whose sword you'd returned after giving him a hug as well. "Mistress! You know these people?" Mey asked as you nodded with a smile. "They're very good friends of mine, I've known them for some time." You responded before turning to the two "You both came to see me and my brother, correct?" You asked as they nodded. "Wonderful! I'll take you to him and we'll talk there!"