[19] OHHH I WANNA SUCKER PUNCH HIM SO BAD

"Won't know anything till he's identified

"Won't know anything till he's identified." Abberline declared, talking about a body found in a river when your brother spoke up. "That won't be necessary. We know his identity. His name is John Stanley. Sebastian has the rest of his particulars for you." As he said that the butler walked up to the inspector and handed him an envelope containing information on the man.

"And what is your interest in this?" Randall asked in a groaned tone as you answered "Why, we're simply doing our civic duty and cooperating with the police. Isn't that what you've always told us to do, sir Arthur?" You mocked

"Spare me the noble protestations. What is it you want with this case? Out with it, Phantomhive." He demanded as Ciel spat it out "A bit gauche, but if you prefer it that way, we're happy to oblige. We need to see any belongings left on the victim." "Well, actually there were none. Not even any identification papers." Abberline informed, meanwhile, you turned your head and made eye contact with a young boy in the crowd, he quickly ran away from sight and you just had a feeling.

"In that case... we're happy we could be of service. Thank you, inspector Abberline." Ciel bid goodbye before wrapping his arm around yours and leading you back to the carriage.

"Is something wrong, my lord?" Sebastian asked Ciel "I must say, you seem even more taciturn than usual this afternoon."

"And I should look pleasant while investigating a murder?" Ciel questioned to which Sebastian dismissed "You're far too modest, sir. You misheard me. I would never say that you don't look pleasant." He reassured before Ciel confided "This case just makes me a bit uneasy. Clearly we don't have all the information." He frowned as you remember being given your assignment by Ash earlier in the morning.

"Well, to start off, we first need a better understanding of the situation." You pointed out "Meaning what, precisely, madam?" Sebastian asked "We need to know why Stanley was murdered, obviously. I mean, was it simply that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time." You stated "Or was he killed as a result of his work for the queen." Ciel finished as you shouted "Bingo!"

"Alright then, how do we go about locating witnesses? Assuming there are any?" Sebastian asked "We'll leave that part to the yard for now. If you want to know about Rome, you ask a Roman." Ciel confirmed "We know whose territory this murder occurred."

You three walked into Lau's opium den, immediately covering your noses at scent of the smoke. Lau chuckled at the sight of you three. "I see you've finally found your way to my humble place of business. It feels so strange that we should meet under such questionable circumstances, Phantomhive's. And yet inevitable, don't you think? I must say I always knew some damit might come to this." He said as the smoke cleared up to show the sight of Lau being surrounded by multiple women.

"It might come to what?" You asked "Welcome to my humble house of pleasures, darling Countess and Earl!" Lau greeted "If you're trying to push your wares, forget it. The only thing you have that we want is information." Ciel got to the point as Lau complained "So impatient for such a young man. If you think I know something that would make it worth your while to venture so bravely into my den of sin, then you're quite right."