35- Prey or Exception?

"Sebastian told me to tell you his favorite part. That whole day, from the party to the rain to our stay. He loved it. It's his favorite part."

We went to our room after having dinner, finally. A rush of satisfaction rushed in me when my stomach was filled.

We gave our- Sebastian's clothes to them to dry them. I was basically in a petticoat so mine doesn't count not to mention the glare Sebastian gave to every man who dared to see me.

I was wearing a white shirt the owner provided and my undies while Sebastian was only in trousers with a towel on his neck.

I tried not to look at his face, my cheek heated when I recalled how I was staring at him in the rain, my body trembled, trying not to think about it.

Sebastian saw me shaking while staring at the fire, not knowing I was thinking about him how and why. I don't want to, I have no intentions of accepting a toxic bond based upon deception.

To embrace a man who is not ready to accept me.

I can't do this.

Then why do I want my voice to reach him?

Why am I thinking about him?

While I was lost in my thoughts, he grabbed a blanket and put it around me, "Wrap it around you, you are shivering," He said impassively, securing to place me perfectly in the comfortable blanket.

He was about to pull back but I held his hand weakly, making an innocent face, "Sit with me." He looked up at me with confusion but didn't question.

I shifted, opening the blanket, making some space for him to sit as well. He was hesitant but sat eventually next to me as I put my blanket over him too.

"You were soaked, cover yourself or you will get sick." I said worriedly, wrapping it around him while he looked at me with a strange look which I pretended I didn't notice.

We both were sharing the same blanket, sitting close to each other while staring at the fire, I was hugging my knees closer to my chest.

He leaned back, hand moving and resting over my shoulder and for the first time after a painfully long period, I didn't shiver or feel unsettled by his touch.

He noticed it too, he knew what his touch did to me and when I didn't react after a long time, it made him look at me.

"Sebastian..." I called but he didn't listen.

Narrowing his eyes in perplexity, not accepting that I have accepted his touch- momentarily- yet he didn't open his mouth to ask.

I knew he wouldn't ask, I knew he wouldn't tell.

"Did... you feel jealous when that man... grabbed my hand?" I asked hesitantly, wanting to know what it made him feel and to end this crushing silence. He sighed, discarding his thoughts.

"I might be jealous if the feelings were mutual but it made me burn when he touched my prey." He growled, turning my face to his, showing the fiery fire for that man blazing in his silver eyes.

"Prey..." I whispered, lowering my gaze, resenting that no matter what, he always regarded me as a prey and not his wife.

"Don't assume you are further than that." He muttered, rolling his eyes off.

"Even if you can hear me?" I asked expectantly, curling my lips upwards but not in a smile, looking up at him with a hint of hope which he crushed immediately.

"I said, when you can hear me. Don't consider yourself special if I listened to you once or twice." He scoffed, trying to uphold his merciless façade, not showing if he cares or not.