79- Ultimate Protection

After a thorough research for a week, I finally found the culprit behind it. My heart was turned stone-cold during that period which caused Eileen to be worried massively about me but I couldn't help it. I won't settle until I end that motherfucker who shot my dearest brother five times.

I was in my office, pressing my teeth before leaving to confront the killer, my head was throbbing but I barely controlled myself.

"Are you alright, Boss? I know Sir Ruben's death must have taken a hard toll on you." Dave asked after noticing my distressed expressions.

"For how long we have known each other, Dave?" I sighed, turning my attention to him.

"Six years. Why are you asking that?"

"During that period, how many times you might have thought that my position in the underworld as the Ace is because of my Father and not my own accomplishment?" I asked out of curiosity as I continued to rub my temples.

"Not once. We all only know no one could take this place like that. One must prove itself for that." He reassured me.

"That is exactly why I gave France to Alphonse and made him an Ace. He always had that potential." I sighed, telling him why I gave him this position. The whole reason why I made him my perfect pawn.

"What are you trying to say? I don't understand." He asked in confusion.

"Meaning I reach the second spot of the strongest by nothing. And you should know I am already a ruthless beast for this world." Exhaling, I rose from my seat slowly, securing my gun and grabbed my phone.

'Old warehouse.' I sent an important text.

"Boss?"

"Let's go, Dave. We are going to greet the murderer." I ordered, cracking my knuckles to prepare myself for some actions.

"Have you caught the killer? Who is it?" He asked hastily, getting up as well.

"You will find out." I smirked, taking him and a few other men with me to an empty warehouse of mine. It was empty. My guards, Dave and I were in that place.

"Why are we here?" Dave asked, scanning her place but found no one until Jacob came with a dead look and stood next to me.

"Jacob? What is happening?" Dave asked, furrowing his eyebrows but it was too late for a pretense.

"Loyalty is only a blessing only a brave one possesses, Dearest Brother." Jacob said coldly, loading his gun, glaring at Dave.

"What?"

His fucking audacity to act innocently.

"I cannot betray my Boss. He is the one who feeds us. Who gave us privileges, made us his most trusted man. Boss is my master." Jacob announced his loyalty which made me proud to have men like him working for me.

"What are you talking about?" Dave asked again, taking a step away from me as I grew frustrated with his act.

"Stop playing dumb, Dave. I trusted you deeply. Trusted my emotion, my secrets with you and what did you do?" Growling, I took out my gun and pointed my gun at him furiously.

"Took away my own fucking Brother?!"

Yelling, I lost my composure. Not believing I had to point my gun towards the man I trusted the most. I believed in him and was how he returned it.

"How do you...?" He trailed off, eyes widened in appall when his dirty trick was revealed.

"Asad called you when Ruben was ambushed. When he asked you, you said you were at hideout which was only ten minutes away from him then why the fuck it took you an hour to reach him? And you lied in the first place, you were never at the hideout." I growled, throwing all the facts in his place.