71- All Alone

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Father yelled, slapping me hard as the voice echoed in the air, imprinting the mark on my cheek.

I deserved it for what I did to my Brother.

"You are a fucking monster!" Hissing, Father pushed me away, my steps stumbled that I almost fell but Mother held me.

"Sebastian, why did you do that to your own brother?" Mother asked softly, holding me tightly.

Sniffling, I held her, trying to hide from Father in her embrace, "I just wanted to hear him." My muffled, croaked voice came.

"That's it. I am so done with this screaming and hearing drama!" Father yelled again, frightening me at his fury. My heart shattered when he considered my condition a drama.

"I am not lying, Father. I swear." I whispered, not leaving Mother, tears smeared over my eyes, rendering me unable to see properly.

"I don't want you anywhere near your brother again. You hear me?" Father ordered dominantly, pointing his finger at me.

Gasping, I hid my face in Mother's arms.

"Albert, you can't do that!" She argued, standing by my side.

"You don't meddle, Melissa. I won't take more of this monstrosity in my home. For fuck's sake, this is my home, not a battlefield." He snarled, scaring both of us.

But, not caring about our fear, he enunciated before leaving, "I will do something about you."

After he left, Mother made me sit on the couch, holding me. She was panting from tension and apprehension, pushing my hair behind, cupping my cheek.

"Mother, Is there something wrong with me?" I asked, wiping my tears, holding her dress as my last hope.

Whispering, she pulled me into a hug, kissing my head, "You're going to be alright, my love."

"I am sorry, I.. just wanted to hear him. I didn't mean to... hurt him."

Impotent to bear it anymore, I ended up sobbing. I never meant to hurt my Brother, I had no idea what took over me but it was too late.

"I know. I know my son can't hurt anyone. I told your Father, you too, none of you listened to me."

She was right. She was right all this time. I should have listened to her.

Pulling away, I pleaded, "Can I see Ruben?"

"Please?" She was hesitant, not sure if it was a good idea but I literally begged her to let me catch a glimpse of the condition I put my Brother in for once.

"Make sure your Father won't know about it." Sighing, she nodded. Powerless before love, she allowed me as I went to see him.

There, my brother laid with his face covered in bandages, barely in his senses. Traumatized, my whole body shivered violently.

I paused before I could caress him and ask for forgiveness for my irredeemable mistake.

"Ruben...? Are you alright?" I asked tentatively, shaking to think what pain he must be in because of me.

"Get away!! Don't touch me!!" Yelling, he slapped my hands away, moving away from me. My eyes widened, immobilizing when the last thing I wanted to hear released from his lips.

Tears blurred my vision, my mind went blank when he showed my true face to me.

"You Monster!!" He yelled again, stiffening my bones. Curling my hands in a fist, I pulled them, lowering my head as I ended up sobbing.