78- Refused To Cry

"W-What?"

Wiping my cheek to remove the tears, my eyes were widened as if they were stiff, refusing to believe my ears.

"We're sorry. We're so sorry, Boss. We tried our best..."

Closing my eyes, I pressed my teeth together and threw my phone away. Lowering my head, I breathed heavily through my nostrils to regain my posture.

"Fuck!"

"Sebastian? What happened?" Distressed to find me like this, Eileen asked immediately.

"Dave called... he told me that... not only us but Ruben was under attack too..."

Shutting my eyes, I could feel a part of my soul dying to hear that news. It was inexplicably painful but I refused to allow it to break me apart.

"He couldn't make it." I informed her in a broken tone, releasing an unwanted tear as she gasped in disbelief.

"What?! Oh my God." Making a crying face, she hugged me upon hearing I lost the sibling I kept away from me all this time.

And when I finally decided to open up to him- They fucking stole him away from me!

"How could this happen? Why would anyone do this?" Eileen released a tear, holding me compassionately. She was heartbroken to know.

I didn't know how to react. I was utterly devastating yet infuriated at the same time.

It was clear. Someone wanted to ravage my home.

"I don't know how this happened.. and why..." Exhaling, frustration of losing everything was brimming in my chest.

Growling, I slammed my unharmed hand down, "Fuck!"

This powerlessness to save my brother was swallowing my emotions.

Losing my mind, I got up quickly, my legs were weak, my mind was hazy but I won't let my body relax when my Brother had... leave it.

"Get up, Eileen. We are leaving." Hissing in pain, I forced my body to stand.

"But, you are hurt-" She reasoned tenderly but I moved her hand back.

"So what? Let's go."

With my mind overflowing with anguish and stress, we went back in a hurry.

My heart was thumping madly to imagine how I could confront his lifeless body. The thought of him not here anymore was giving me inexplicable agony.

It was unbearable, losing my only sibling.

Upon reaching the hospital, not caring about my condition, I rushed inside, my heart dying to see my Brother. My mind was not functioning properly, my senses were in a blur.

"Boss, you're shot too-" Dave rushed to me, worried to find me shot as well but dismissing him, I walked further.

"Where is he?" I asked desperately, losing my breaths.

They led me inside the room where his body was kept. I didn't want Eileen to see this sight so I went alone and when my eyes fell upon his lifeless body, my heart skipped a beat in dread.

"Ruben..."

Narrowing my eyes, tears brimmed in my eyes. My lips began to quiver but I refused to release the tears. Pressing my teeth, I curled my hands in a fist, turning my head away, impotent to witness my brother leaving me so early.

Why did they take his life? We were finally giving us a chance and they took it away too?

With crushed dreams and heavy steps, I walked out and Eileen held me as support.