72- Burned Along With Her

When I saw Mother uselessly trying to save me from my fate, becoming more miserable than she already was- I willingly left for the asylum, not knowing what nightmare it held for me but things took a turn for the worse.

They made me a true monster. Ruined my life.

The doctor there had a personal grudge towards me. She worsened me.

She ensured that I came with better conditions but won't leave with betterment.

I had never hated anyone in my entire life as much as I hated her.

Doctor Lauren Wayne.

They shut down my connection with everyone, kept me in a corner. They treated me worse than everyone else because she held the authority.

It was all in her hands and she swore to not release me.

I didn't talk, I stayed silent, I was on the best of my behavior yet couldn't understand why they were not releasing me and then I came to know why.

Horrified, they had tied me down and I often saw other patients there screaming so I was scared what she might do.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Your father killed my husband and got away with it. He killed so many people and you are like your father, even worse."

I became the toy of her revenge.

They deliberately kept me there so she could satiate her thirst of vengeance.

"No, I am not. Mother says-"

Terrified, I tried to tell her but she threw the harsh reality on my face; I was all alone.

"Your Mother is not here. No one is going to come for you anymore."

"He stole my beloved and didn't think or care for a second, I would do the same." Scoffing, she smirked. Her hollow, insane eyes reflected immense hatred.

"What.. Do you mean?" My eyes widened in appall, trying to struggle out of the restraints but to no avail.

"I heard you like screams, boy. Why don't we hear some?"

Whatever I managed to suppress because of Mother's lullaby hit me with much stronger force. All those screams and darkness began to take over me again with a profoundly darker force.

She made me release the real screams.

"NO!! STOP!!"

I kept screaming and screaming but no one came. No call, no visit.

"No, no, stop. Please... Don't take someone else's revenge on me."

I kept begging her for mercy but I saw a new version of the world I never knew- The world is a cruel place.

"Don't worry, I won't kill you. I am no killer. But I won't guarantee the condition you would leave this place- if you can." Chuckling darkly, she kept torturing me.

She gave me a pill that gave me nightmares, she hit me. No one objected. She ripped me of my emotions. I kept staring at the wall. I couldn't hide my face in Mother's embrace anymore.

It repeated over and over again, deafening me, ending in one plea each time.

"Please.... Have mercy."

But, she didn't and it kept repeating constantly for a whole year until my patience broke and I couldn't bear this monstrosity anymore.

I wanted this to end and release myself. I became emotionless at that point, eyes torn apart from dreams and hopes.