74- Heartily Talks

PRESENT

"Then we got married. I originally planned to act nice and loving for a year at least until we have a baby, live a fake happy life but- God! You irritated me so I cut our time to a week and here we are now." Exhaling loudly, I finished everything, telling what I have probably never told anyone before.

When I started telling her, I was depressed, sorrowfully about what happened with Ruben, the fight we just had, it all mixed.

But, as the tale developed, my mood gradually fixed and I was finally at serene. I felt liberated, soothed.

She was sitting as my head was resting on her lap, telling her continuously.

"Thanks for listening, it feels great after sharing something you never did." Groaning, I sat up, drank some water to ease my dried throat. It was hurting from constant talking.

I realized, I only talked for this long with Eileen only on our call and this was the first time in real life that we talked non-stop.

After listening to everything for a good two hours, she closed her eyes, took a deep breath.

"Wow. You need therapy."

I frowned, "After hearing all that, is that the first thing you had to say, woman?"

It was such an underwhelming response. I at least expected tears but since I told her casually, she responded accordingly.

"Hey, I said what came to my mind first but yeah, I won't deny. You were swoon worthy before and now too. I got myself a hot one." Licking her lips, her eyes scanned me from top to bottom.

Forming my lips in a thin line, her strange response made me uncomfortable. Smirking, she crawled up to me and sat on my lap.

"I love how I stole you from the world. Put you under my spell so nothing but me exists in your mind, my intoxication, my voice. Ah, I love it."

Laughing, her hands locked around my neck. All she cared for was her position in my domain.

Well, she deserved that spot and should brag about it which she was doing without hesitation.

"You sound like a witch." I mumbled, eyeing her suspiciously if she was drunk or not.

"You know why you want me so badly?" She asked, moving her fingers across my face. Finally releasing her usual angelic smile.

"Because your voice provides me solace. Because I love you." Shrugging my shoulders, I didn't think deeply about it.

"I married you because I love you, I stayed because I love you, I constantly seek mercy in your eyes because I love you... I said those words."

She repeated those words I could never forget, they rang in my mind constantly. She should know her echoes dwell in my soul.

"Hmm so?"

Leaning to my ear, she cooed, "Your Mother did the same."

"Woman, stop connecting the dots. Don't find reasons. Love doesn't happen with reasonings. It happened, it happened. There are no strings attached."

A sigh of frustration escaped my lips when she needlessly joined the dots she didn't have to. Because I never felt attracted to her at the start.

It developed, not backstory included. It happened how the concept of attraction works. Before one could realize, they were in love.

"Are you sure?" She inquired, narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

"Of course. I wanted to kill you, you got alive. Devil's luck."