8) chasing the devil's tail

Hayley and Evelyn pulled Klaus off of Elijah after seeing the scene. "What are you doing" Hayley asked. "I'm trying to enter Elijah's thoughts to wake him Esther has locked me out" Klaus said.

"Okay your mother is starting to really get on my last nerve she should love you as you are not torment you for it" Evelyn said and Klaus looked at Evelyn and gave her a small smile which Hayley noticed and she went to Elijah moving his shirt some seeing a rash.

"Is this rash a side effect of the witchy acid trip he's on" Hayley asked. Klaus looked at what she was looking at recognizing it.

"I haven't seen this since I was a child Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual and our mother would use the petals of a rare Merlock orchid to put him to sleep she would mend his mind with a spell and then wake him with the roots of the same plant if she has access to it now then maybe it also grows in the bayou you stay here with your wolves and mind the fort" Klaus said.

"I'd rather rip your mother's head off" Hayley said as she and Klaus neither realized Evelyn had already left.

"Stay clear of her I mean it Hayley she already got to you once what would happen if Elijah were to wake and find you a victim of her madness" Klaus said. "I won't go after her I promise" Hayley said.

"And Eve" Klaus started to say but realized she was already gone. "Your sister is gonna be the death of me" Klaus said and left.

>>>

"You should have stayed with your sister" Klaus said. "Oh, and let you have the fun or leave you to die yeah no thanks" Evelyn said.

"Eve" Klaus started to say. "Don't Evelyn me also another thing" Evelyn said. "Why do you use my full name instead of Evie or even Eve" Evelyn asked.

"Klaus heard noises as Evelyn noticed. "What" Evelyn said, and Klaus grabbed her hand using his vamp speed and Klaus pinned Ansel to the tree. "Stop following me" Klaus said.

"Would you relax" Evelyn asked. "We could use his help" Evelyn said and pulled her hand away.

"Deal with your daddy issues later" Evelyn said. "How did you" Klaus asked. "Dude you both look alike it's hard not to notice" Evelyn said.

"I have no intention of taking Esther's bargain and no desire to be remade a mortal being" Klaus said. "Oh, cry about it some more why don't you" Evelyn said.

"I'm in a hurry to help my real family" Klaus said and let Ansel go. "Ouch that had to hurt" Evelyn said and started to leave with Klaus.

"You seek the Merlock Orchid" Ansel said and Klaus and Evelyn stopped. "How did you know that" Klaus asked Ansel. "I saw you carry Elijah home last night" Ansel said.

"Who do you think used to find the orchid for your mother to put Mikael to sleep" Ansel asked.

"Without my help you could search forever" Ansel said. "My mother brought you back from the dead my sense of strategy tells me it wasn't to play a father son game of hide and seek" Klaus said and started to leave.

"Sometimes I wish he'd just accept the help" Evelyn said. "You can storm off in a fit of stubbornness if you like but I suggest you do so toward the west" Ansel said.

>>>

"A thousand years estranged and you choose to walk in silence surely you have questions for me" Ansel said. "Just one" Klaus said.

"Is there a way to cure Elijah without having to listen to the pointless ramblings of an old man" Klaus asked. "I'm afraid the price of my expertise is conversation" Ansel said.