12) the strix

"You do realize once Klaus finds out you took it, he's gonna kill your right" Evelyn said over the phone to Vincent.

"Yes, well I'm a witch and I'm cloaked so he can't hurt me" Vincent said. "I sure hope not I don't want you getting hurt" Evelyn said.

"You know you'd figure being a coyote and the hybrid's girl you be meaner" Vincent said. "I can be when I want to be" Evelyn said and Vincent laughed. "Stay safe" Evelyn said and hung up.

>>>

"Okay so what's the plan" Hayley asked as she and Evelyn walked towards Elijah. "Yeah, cause I for one personally like having you all around and don't want to lose you" Evelyn said.

"You have nothing to worry about Evie, I'll keep Aya distracted" Elijah said. "Why don't you just kill her" Hayley asked.

"She and I have history" Elijah said. "You two had a thing" Hayley asked and Elijah stayed silent for a moment.

"Aya was a towering intellect with an insatiable curiosity passionate, fearless, and something of an outcast" Elijah said and told the story of how he met Aya.

"Long ago I invited her to join a rather elite company I determined she was perfectly tailored to bear the responsibility of an immortal life I made her like me" Elijah said.

"Well, no offense but you dated a pain" Evelyn said. "She was one of the first strix" Hayley said.

"We cared for one another deeply together we created a fellowship unburdened by the limitations of man it was the pursuit of a glorious new world and then father" Elijah said and Evelyn looked down for a moment before looking back at Elijah.

"Led by an unquenchable desire to slay his children Mikael descended accompanied by a small army he laid to wage everything that I built so we had no choice but to run and told the story of how he ran from Mikael's and how he tried to convince Aya to go with.

"Aya did not so when Tristian found her, he rescued her she of course came to see him as something of a savior and in time beneath his corrupt guidance they made the strix what they are today a hive of depraved and ignorant savages and she's never forgiven me not entirely certain I have ever forgiven myself" Elijah said.

"You can't blame yourself Elijah what choice did you have you couldn't let Mikael kill you" Evelyn said.

"Well given all that how exactly do you plan on keeping her distracted" Hayley asked.

"With a little salt and an old wound" Elijah said. "I'm coming with and don't try to argue I'll even leave my crossbow I'm still a coyote" Evelyn said leaving.

"How do you handle her" Elijah asked Hayley. "Believe it or not I think Kol helped her more than I could especially when she ran off to trouble" Hayley said. Elijah sighed before following Evelyn.

>>>

"Hello everyone" Elijah said going in the room where the strix and Marcel was.

"Ugh you all look pathetic seriously and this is coming from some who was raised back from the dead" Evelyn said.

"Wonderful to see you all" Elijah said and Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"Aya don't we look so very comfortable indeed leading Tristian's little circus but sadly one does not simply ascend to the position of leader kind of has to be my consent you see I am the maker, the creator, the founding father I am the one who chooses the leader here and fortunately for every last one of you I have an excellent candidate in mind see today is the day I take back what is mine" Elijah said.