12) The tale of two wolves

"It's been a long time since we've shared a drink together" Elijah said and Marcel gave Elijah a drink and then Evelyn.

"You're gonna need it" Marcel said and took a drink. "That doesn't sound good" Evelyn said and took a drink. "I take it Davina didn't bring good news" Elijah said.

"She and Freya have been, hold up with spell books all week searching for any last ideas to help Hope they're out of options" Marcel said.

"I don't accept that" Elijah said. "Look I love that kid it's because I love her that I'm telling you there is no miracle fix here now she might have had a little more time but she's about to experience her first full moon since she triggered her curse every witch that we consulted is sure that she won't survive the night" Marcel said.

"We speak with Freya she will perform a binding spell that's the solution" Elijah said.

"Elijah, you know as well as I do a spell that powerful would only kill her faster" Evelyn said.

"This is terminal Elijah, and we can't keep this a secret from her any longer she needs to have the chance to say goodbye and we both know who needs to tell her" Marcel said.

"He won't accept it" Elijah said. "Make him she's dying Elijah" Marcel said.

"This can't be it" Evelyn said refusing to accept it and Klaus walked past them. "Niklaus" Elijah said.

"Get in the car you, Evie, and I are taking Hope on a little trip" Klaus said and Elijah and Evelyn followed him.

"Wow what" Evelyn said. "Are you out of your mind" Elijah said.

"She can sleep on the drive" Klaus said. "Surely you heard Marcel" Elijah said. "He doesn't know anything" Klaus said. "Where are we going" Elijah asked.

"Hope's school knows how to deal with a werewolf's first transformation they have a facility" Klaus said.

"Mystic Falls" Evelyn said. "I take it you have a plan" Elijah said. "I do and while I execute it I need you and Evie to look after her to make sure she doesn't exert herself" Klaus said.

"Wouldn't it be better if it was only Evie" Elijah asked.

"How Hope feels about you is of no consequence I have until the crest of the full moon to save her life we've defied the inevitable for a dozen lifetimes I'm not about to surrender to it now please Elijah you and Evie are the only ones I trust" Klaus said. "I'll go get her" Evelyn said and left.

>>>

"The diary of Stefan Salvatore" Elijah said. "Who names their kid Stefan" Evelyn asked.

"We're not supposed to touch it, but I practically have the whole thing memorized spoiler alert dad is the villain and you're the evil henchman" Hope told Elijah.

"From one very biased perspective" Elijah said. "Yeah, well I got a second opinion" Hope said and went to the bookshelf.

"The Mystic Falls files by Alaric Saltzman" Hope said and pulled it out. "Volume one in every story dad is the big bad wolf" Hope said and put it back.

"That was before he had you Hope you changed him for the better" Evelyn said.

Hope held her head and Elijah and Evelyn went to her worried. "Hope what is it what's happening" Elijah asked.

"Nothing I'm fine" Hope said. "Well Davina said she gave you some pills for the discomfort" Elijah said.

"Yeah, well you know what would really make me feel better is spending the day with Aunt Evie only" Hope said. "Hope give him a break" Evelyn told her.