10) bonfire

Evelyn was with Elijah when Rebekah came in with wine. "Well, isn't this place rather nice Nik must have compelled a wine lover to keep it up because I found a 2005 Bordeaux" Rebekah said.

"Fancy a sip" Rebekah asked. "Appreciate the sentiment Rebekah but I do recognize when I'm being handled with kid gloves" Elijah said. "Evelyn how about you" Rebekah asked.

"We only live once right well unless you're a vampire" Evelyn said and Rebekah smiled before giving her the bottle and Evelyn took a sip. "How are you feeling" Rebekah asked Elijah.

"Patronized" Elijah said. "I am here to protect you and Evelyn" Elijah told Rebekah.

"I don't need your protection" Evelyn said. "I know you mean to Elijah" Rebekah said. "Yet you found it necessary to render me unconscious before bringing me here" Elijah said.

"Well, you weren't yourself and I needed to get us out of that diner" Rebekah said.

"What happened back there" Rebekah asked. "I don't know Niklaus sent me to protect Hope my job is to keep her safe" Elijah said and sat down.

>>>>

Evelyn was helping Rebekah with the wood while Elijah was watching Hope. "It's alright Elijah she won't break everything you did was in the name of protecting her I'm not worried" Rebekah said.

"Hi sweetheart" Elijah said holding Hope. "Is that what I think it is" Elijah asked.

"It's bonfire season and I am reviving a family tradition especially since we're all going to be together" Rebekah said and she and Evelyn made their way to Elijah and Hope.

"Only because we're fleeing from one of our deranged parents another Mikaelson family tradition it's a peculiar thing never to be tired yet forever exhausted by the sameness of things" Elijah said.

"I'm not a Mikaelson" Evelyn said. "No but you are Hayley's sister which makes you family" Elijah said.

"Why is our family always at war" Elijah asked. "I don't know but being away with her made me see things differently we're not so bad not the monsters that our parents think we are" Rebekah said.

Evelyn, Rebekah, and Elijah heard a car, and they looked seeing it park and Hayley ran out seeing Hope.

Klaus soon came over as well and Elijah gave Hope to Hayley. "Hi" Hayley said to Hope hugging her and Evelyn looked at Klaus causing Hayley to do the same.

Hayley went over to Klaus and gave Hope to him. Everyone smiled seeing their reaction and Rebekah couldn't help but notice the way Klaus would look at Evelyn every so often.

>>>

Evelyn was with Rebekah, Elijah, Hayley, and Klaus at the bonfire while Klaus kept stealing glances of Evelyn not knowing she was doing the same.

"Curse on the firstborn what is that supposed to mean" Rebekah asked.

"Well according to Finn our sister Freya didn't die of plaque she was taken as payment by our Aunt Dahlia who then cursed all Mikaelson firstborns for eternity" Klaus said.

"Payment just when I think your family can't get any weirder it does" Evelyn said.

"Is any of this true" Hayley asked referring to the curse. "It is if we're to believe Finn who learned it from the bastion of truth our mother" Elijah said.

"Well, no wonder Finn hates us he lost the sister he adored and instead got a judgey pack of siblings who found him unbearably dull" Rebekah said.

"Great so is there any chance of us running into your loony Aunt Dahlia anytime soon" Hayley asked.