22) The bloody crown

"What better life might have awaited you were another man your father" Klaus asked.

"All those who have loved me have loved to regret it, but I do know this my littlest wolf I will do right by you" Klaus said. "Talking to a baby" Evelyn asked coming over.

"How long have you been here" Klaus asked. "Long enough" Evelyn said and smiled at Hope.

"By the way not everyone who loves you regrets it" Evelyn said and Klaus smiled at her. "You mean that" Klaus asked.

"Of course," Evelyn said and Elijah walked in the room. "What do you want Elijah" Klaus asked.

"I'm not foolish enough to ask your forgiveness so I'll say it again I had no choice we protect this family at any cost" Elijah said and Klaus faced him.

"You think I'm not aware of how heavy that burden is" Klaus asked.

"No, I think that this time that burden is simply too much to bear" Elijah said and stayed silent for a moment before leaving.

>>>

"Something isn't right" Freya said once Evelyn walked to Kol. "Well, you said you put the prophecy to rest so what's the worry" Kol asked.

"Yeah, everyone should be fine now right" Evelyn said.

"I didn't sleep last night I just had this feeling of dread I don't know if it's my own guilt or maybe it's my intuition telling me something's coming" Freya said.

"And what's this your early warning system" Kol asked going to it with Evelyn.

"This map is spelled to trace Niklaus's enemies let's just hope I'm being paranoid" Freya said.

"Fingers crossed" Evelyn said and Freya started chanting. The blood on the map started to move as Kol and Evelyn watched.

Once Freya stopped chanting, she looked at the map. "I guess you're not being paranoid when there is in fact a horde of killers out to get you" Kol said.

"Still wished you were being paranoid" Evelyn said.

>>>

Kol grabbed a crossbow and pointed it when Evelyn easily took it from him and put it down.

"Okay don't kill your brother please" Evelyn said. "Freya's tracking your former sidelines now so it won't be long which works for me I could use a good fight" Kol said once Klaus and Elijah made their way to Kol and Evelyn.

"Well, we do have an advantage no vampire may enter this stronghold so long as the deed remains in Freya's name" Elijah said.

"So, what we hide in here while our enemies' mass at the front gate" Kol said.

"Well, if they're so determined to die at our hands let them come" Klaus said. Suddenly they heard thudding and clattering.

"Freya" Evelyn said, and they all went to the living room and saw Marcel and his vampires. "I never thought it would come to this but as always the Mikaelsons made my choice for me" Marcel said.

"Marcel how" Klaus asked. "How are we in your home I have friends who can nullify a deed foreclose on a property like that or did you mean how am I not a rotting corpse" Marcel said.

"I thought my friend was dead and yet here you are so, send these folks away and let's talk, you and me" Klaus said.

"Is that relief I hear really" Marcel asked. "If I hadn't been one step ahead of you, I would be at the bottom of the river" Marcel said.

"Marcel your anger is with me I am the one that's responsible for this crime against you" Elijah said.

"One thing I learned sticking around this family Elijah you take on one of you, you are taking on all of you these guys Klaus's sirelings they're here to bear witness today" Marcel said.