Enchanted (Taylor's Version)

quinn hughes
559 words
not requested

y/n grabbed their guitar and opened their bedroom window. They lift the guitar to the roof then carefully lift themselves up after. The top of the house was always where they watched the sunset. Though it was 7:30 and the sun was mostly down. They looked at the house next to them. The Hughes household. More importantly, Quinn's bedroom was across from theirs. His window was open, something they don't like when they're going to play they're guitar. They sighed shakily. Might as well dedicate a song to Quinn if he's going to listen. They're fingers strum over the guitar.

"There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles." There was movement from Quinn's room. Their eyes flickered to his room for a second before going back to the sunset.

"Same old tired, lonely place, walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face." Quinn stood by the window, looking at y/n. They looked back at him and smiled.

"All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you." A smile breaks across Quinn's face. y/n looks back at her guitar, fingers still strumming over it.

"Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?", across the room, your silhouette starts to make its way to me."

"The playful conversation starts, counter all your quick remarks, like passing notes in secrecy."

"And it was enchanting to meet you, all I can say is I was enchanted to meet you."

"This night is sparklin', don't you let it go, I'm wonderstruck, blushin' all the way home."

"I'll spеnd forever wonderin' if you knеw, I was enchanted to meet you."

"The lingering question kept me up, 2AM, who do you love? I wonder 'til I'm wide awake."

"And now, I'm pacing back and forth, wishing you were at my door, I'd open up and you would say," Quinn starts to speak, cutting y/n off.

"Hey, it was enchanting to meet you." Quinn sings.

"All I know is I was enchanted to meet you." y/n sings back.

"This night is sparklin', don't you let it go, I'm wonderstruck, blushin' all the way home."

"I'll spеnd forever wonderin' if you knеw, this night is flawless, don't you let it go, I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone."

"I'll spеnd forever wonderin' if you knеw, I was enchanted to meet you."

"This is me praying that, this was the very first page, not where the storyline ends."

"My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again."

"These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon."

"I was enchanted to meet you." y/n cut the song short. Quinn just looked at her.

"That was meant for you, you know. I really was enchanted to meet you, Quinn." y/n says while looking Quinn in the eyes. Quinn smiled and looks down.

"I'll meet you at your front door." Quinn says as he walks away from the windowsill. y/n quickly climbs off the roof and back into their room with their guitar. They place it on their bed and runs down the stairs and opens the door for a waiting Quinn. He instantly grabs them and places a hand behind their neck as he leans in. He gently kisses them then pulls away.

"Can we agree that Enchanted's our song now?"