Summer Lovin'

cole caufield
488 words
not requested

This was y/n's second summer at the lake house which means it's the second summer she's known Cole. It's also the second summer she's liked Cole and Cole's made it clear that he likes her too.

The group walked down to the boat for the first time this summer. Jack's been begging people to come on the boat since he's been here. So here everyone is, piling into the boat. Cole gets in before y/n and then turns around and offers her his hand. She smiles as she takes it and gets into the boat. They two walk over to a seat and sit down next to each other. As Jack, Luke, Quinn, and Alex get into the boat the two make small talk between each other. It's been a long time since they've talked in person and an even longer time since they've sat this close. As the boat starts moving Quinn begins to hand out drinks.

"Hey lovebirds, you guys want one?" He asks. y/n's cheeks flush but she nods anyway.

"You know I do." Cole says as Quinn throws him two beers. Cole hands one to y/n which she takes with a thank you.

"I've been thinking about this for a while now and now I'm actually going to ask you. Would you want to go out to dinner sometime this summer? Just the two of us?" Cole asks.

"You know, I've been waiting for you to ask that. If you weren't going to, I'd probably ask you myself. So yes, I'll go with you." Cole smiles at the girl.

"I'm so excited now, oh my gosh." Cole says as he turns to face the rest of the group. y/n giggles and turns with him, lacing one of her hands with his.

"We need to plan for the upcoming season. Like if we can see each other." Luke says to y/n. She nods.

"I agree, but I think you'll be seeing me a lot more this season." She says with a smile.

"What do you mean?" Luke asks. Jack seems just as confused.

"Well I've talking with the manager of the media department and the devils have hired me for photography." y/n says with a smile. Jack jumps up out of his chair with the biggest smile on his face.

"Really?!" He yells.

"Yes really." y/n says with a laugh. Cole turns to whisper in her ear.

"That means we can go out sometime during the season too." He whispers. y/n turns to him and quickly notices the proximity between them.

"I'll even go to the games in your jersey if you want me too." She says with a smile.

"That'd be so amazing. I'm going to score a goal for you the first game you're there. I promise you that." He says. Then he turns back to everyone else again.

This is so crappy what.