For That Party

Quinn Hughes
281 words
Not requested
PT2 of Party

To make it clear. They are just REALLY good friends. I sense a relationship in the future for the two, but I'm not writing it.

It was opening night for the 22-23 season and y/n was sitting right next to the glass. She watched as the Canucks players flew around the ice for warm ups. She watched for number 43. It had been a year since the two could actually see each other, so y/n wanted to surprise Quinn. The game started and he had yet to notice her.

The first period ends and Quinn's playing an amazing game. The Canucks win the puck drop and their players go down the ice. Quinn gets the pucks passed to him and he handles it around the ice before shooting. It goes in and the crowd goes wild. As she skates around the ice to the bench his eyes meet y/n's. His smile grows even larger after seeing the girl and the game continues.

The game ends and y/n waits outside the stadium to see Quinn.

"I'm heading out right now." 

Quinn texts her. She puts her phone in her pocket and waits for the player to walk out. A couple minutes later she sees him. He drops his stuff and they run into each other with open arms.

"I said I'd make it to one of your games." y/n says. Quinn pulls away from her with a big smile.

"You did say that." The two stood there with smiles on their faces for a minute.

"How crazy is it that you ended up on my favorite team? I still think about it all the time." Quinn laughs.

"It's just fate. We're meant to be together, you know?" Quinn says. y/n just smiles.

"Thank god for that party, huh?" Quinn says.

"I know right?"