Speak Now (Taylor's Version)

Auston Matthews
656 words
not requested

Auston Matthews, y/n's high school sweetheart, was getting married. Even though they've dated they're still extremely close friends, and y/n wanted to be closer, wished they could be closer. So when Auston met Jordyn and fell completely head over heels for her, y/n knew she was hopeless.

y/n was getting ready to go crash they're wedding. She never got the invite, which she assumed was jordyns' fault. She had uninvited ever without Auston or his family knowing, which led to y/n hearing about it from Auston's mother.

y/n was dressed in a red dress, the same one Auston used to say he loved on her, and black heels. She did her hair the best she could and put on enough makeup to make herself look good, but not overdone. But last of all, she put on the necklace Auston gave her on their one year anniversary. It was a gold necklace with an 'A' charm. She hated to admit that it was over the top, but she needed Auston to see how much he still meant to her.

As y/n arrived at where they were going to get married she started to have second thoughts. She wasn't the kind of girl who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion. But Auston's also not the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl. y/n snuck into the building and saw Auston's friends and family, but also Jordyn's snotty little family all dressed in pastels. Jordyn was definitely somewhere in a room yelling at a bridesmaid who's dress is shaped like a pastry.

This is definitely not what Auston would have thought his wedding would be like.

y/n then catches a glimpse of the aisle. She sees herself standing in the middle of it saying, "don't say yes, run away now. I'll meet you when you're out of the church at the back door. Don't wait or say a single vow, you need to hear me out.". y/n was glad the figure of her in her daydreams was more confident then she really was.

The wedding starts, y/n decides to hide behind the curtains in the back of the room behind everyone. The organ starts to play a song that sounds like a death march. Auston walks down the aisle with his parents. He was dressed in a black button up and a black blazer and dress pants. He was wearing a few items of jewelry as well. y/n lost her breath at the sight of him. He'd been in this exact outfit on their one year anniversary as well. It was like it was planned that they'd be together at the end of this wedding.

A couple minutes later Jordyn is floating down the aisle like a pageant queen. y/n watches Auston, knowing he wishes it was her. Doesn't he?

She hears the preacher say, "speak now or forever hold your peace." There's a silence, there's her last chance. She stands up with shaky hands. All eyes are on her.

She stands in the middle of the aisle with horrified looks from everyone in the room, but she's only looking at him.

"Don't say yes, run away now. I'll meet you when your out of the church at the back door. Don't wait, or say a single vow, you need to hear me out." Everyone was looking at her in disbelief. Everyone but Auston's family.

"He said, 'speak now'." She said to everyone who was horrified at her objection. Auston steps down from where he is with Jordyn and walks into the aisle with y/n. He stops in front of her and grabs her hand.

"Let's run away now. I'll meet you when I'm out of my tux at the back door. Baby, I didn't say my vows. So glad you were around when they said "speak now"."