Ignoring The Rivalry

Nico hischier
535 words
Not requested

It was the start of the Rangers vs. Devils game. y/n lined up in front of Nico for puck drop. She never looked at him, but he was watching her.

Nico and y/n went at each other the entire game. Everytime they skated near each other, fans prepared for a fight. The two never got along, not even off the ice.

As time flew by the score increased slowly. It was 2-1, devils winning. Nico had one of their goals and he made sure to rub it in y/n's face.

y/n handled the puck down the ice and passed it up before she was slammed into the boards. She fell onto the ice as pain took over her side. Tears threatened to spill as she laid on the ice, trying to get back up. The whistle blew and the playing stopped.

Nico was the first one to her side. He helped her sit up against the boards before asking is she's alright.

"Where does it hurt?" Nico asked the girl. y/n gave him a look, trying to get him to go away.

"I'm not going to hurt you more, I promise." Nico told her. In fact, he was mad at his own teammate for hurting her.

"My side." y/n said as she pointed just above her left hip. Nico nodded.

"Come on, let's go you off the ice." Nico said has he stood up from his squatting position next to her. y/n slowly made her way up with the assistance of Nico. He held her just below the shoulder with her hurt side facing away for Nico.

"You better not get a sportsman ship award from this." y/n joked. Nico laughed slightly.

"I'm trying to help you. I don't want you to be hurt, seriously." Nico said. y/n looked away from Nico. They made it over to her bench where someone took her back to the lockerooms to be checked.

The game continued and everyone was questioning why Nico was even helping her. They were on different team and he was the first, and only, one to her side.

The game was over with the Devils winning, 3-1. As Nico walked out of the locker room standing there was y/n. She had a soft smile on her face apon seeing him. Nico walked up to her and stood there for a second before speaking.

"What are you here for? Shouldn't you be waiting for your team?" Nico questioned. y/n shrugged.

"I came to thank you. You really didn't do much so don't let this get to your head." y/n said with a sincere smile.

"You don't need to thank me. I was just worried about you so I did what I had to." Nico said as he looked down at the girl.

"Well, I'll see you later alright?" y/n said as she started to turn around. She started walking away and Nico rushed to her side.

"We're going the same way, so might as well go together right?" Nico said with a smile. y/n smile never faded as she shook her head at the boy.

"I guess we can."