Bartender

Connor Bedard as a country boy
519 words
Not request

y/n was dancing with her friends in the middle of the dance floor. They were at a club and the DJ started playing Hey Bartender by Lady A. The group was dancing and singing when a couple of guys came up and started dancing with y/n's friends. A little late into the song y/n was dancing by herself when she felt someone pressed up behind her. They were moving to the music so y/n moved her hips along with theirs.

🎶 Hey bartender
Pour 'em hot tonight
'Til the party and the music and the truth collide
Bring it 'til his memory fades away
Hey bartender 🎶

y/n flips herself around and looks the boy in the eyes while she wraps her hands around her neck. y/n takes in his short golden-brown hair and blue eyes as he places his hands on her hips, moving her to the music.

He was wearing a dark brown cowboy hat, a light blue button up, and black jeans with cowboy boots. He looked younger than most of the guys here, maybe 17-18 years old. The boys who had taken her friends to dance had to have been in their early/mid twenties.

The boy watched as y/n studied his features. Her eyes finally met his and she began singing again.

🎶 What I'm really needing now
Is a double shot of Crown
Chase that disco ball around
'Til I don't remember
Go until they cut me off
Wanna get a little lost
In the noise, in the lights 🎶

The boy's smile grows bigger as he watches her have fun. There was something about her looking into his eyes that made his heart flutter. He pulled her closer as the song started to come to an end.

With the final line of the song y/n pulls away from the boy. She grabs the hat on top of his head and places it on hers.

"I'll see you later cowboy." y/n says as she starts to walk away. The boy grabs her hand and lightly stops her.

"You're not even going to tell me your name?" He asks. y/n just watches him for a second.

"y/n. y/n l/n."

"Connor. Connor Bedard." A smile makes it's way to Connors face as he slightly mocks her. y/n smiled and looks down at the ground.

"Find me sometime." y/n says as she walks away with Connor's hat. Connor stands there as he watches her leave. Startling him, his friend comes up from behind him and drapes an arm around his shoulder.

"She like you? Her friends didn't get to fond of us later on." Connor's friend says.

"I think so. She took my hat." Connor said as he still watches the way the girl came, hoping she'd walk back to him.

"Thanks for distracting her friends by the way." Connor speaks again. His friend unwraps his arm and pats him on the back as he turns to walk away.

"Yeah, sure." Connor's friend says as he walks away with Connor trailing behind him.