Season 1: Episode 1

Source: Wikipedia

Episode Title: "Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!"

"Naruto Uzumaki is a twelve-year-old ninja living in the Hidden Leaf Village under harsh ridicule from the villagers, having defaced a monument dedicated to the four Hokage leaders out of a need for acknowledgement. Naruto's teacher, Iruka Umino, reprimands Naruto for putting graffiti on each face statue, later hearing Naruto's aspirations of becoming a Hokage to become respected by the villages. The following day, being held back from graduating from the Ninja Academy after a botched clone jutsu, Naruto is tricked by an academy teacher named Mizuki into stealing a scroll containing the secret ninjutsu from the Third Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi that night. Iruka intercepts Naruto as Mizuki is going to kill the boy and leave the village with the stolen scroll. Mizuki reveals to Naruto that the villagers were ordered to reveal him as a host to a demon fox called the Nine-Tails, which devastated their village twelve years ago. Mizuki explains this as the reason Naruto is hated, adding that Iruka's parents were killed by the Nine Tails. But a remorseful Iruka protects Naruto while telling the boy they have a lot in common, spurring Naruto to use the Shadow Clone jutsu he learned from the scroll to overwhelm Mizuki. Soon after, Iruka uses Naruto's ability to use shadow clones to justify his graduation from the Ninja Academy."

Analysis

From my point of view, Naruto facing harsh ridicule from the villagers shows that he was always alone. Therefore, there is an element of loneliness on the part of Naruto. For that reason, Mizuki took advantage of Naruto's loneliness and tricked him into stealing the scroll. Thus, Mizuki plays an important part in this episode in the sense that he reveals the truth behind everyone's hatred for Naruto. It's because Naruto is the host of the demon fox, Nine Tails. Without this character, Mizuki, Naruto wouldn't have known the truth. Moreover, Iruka Umino proves to be one of the first people to care about Naruto. Although his parents were killed by the Nine-Tails, he still shows remorse for Naruto because they have a lot in common in the sense that they both lost their parents when they were young. This encouraged Naruto to fight Mizuki, and he won. The way I see it, if Iruka Umino didn't show any remorse, things could have gone wrong.

Naruto Uzumaki is the type of person who never gives up. Although he has faced challenges on how to use the Shadow Clone Jutsu, he took time to master the Shadow Clone Jutsu found on the scroll, and he defeated Mizuki. He is one of the first ninjas in the academy to be able to have a lot of Shadow Clones, proving his determination to be the best ninja in Hidden Leaf Village. In other words, he is on the right path to becoming Hokage.

With the help of Iruka, Naruto finally graduated from the Ninja Academy because he managed to master the Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu. Naruto not only mastered the Shadow Clone Jutsu, but he also found someone who cares about him, which is Iruka. Therefore, this was the start of a close friendship.

The lesson from this episode is that one shouldn't let bad experiences define who they are, and they shouldn't get in the way of their dreams.