Season 3: Episode 139

Source: Wikipedia

"Pure Terror! The House of Orochimaru"

"Sasame leads Naruto, Jiraiya, and Sakura to Orochimaru's hideout. They send Sasame back to the village because of the danger level. Jiraiya summons Gamakichi to go in first and investigate. The four come to three tunnels. Jiraiya goes off to the right, Naruto and Sakura down the middle, and Gamakichi down the left. Through the tunnels, they find several deadly booby traps and dangers. Naruto easily falls for the first but manages to rescue Sakura from the rest. It comes to the point where there is a trapdoor through which Naruto saves Sakura, falling into it himself. He tells her to go on without him. Sakura trusts him and leaves. Naruto ends up in a dark room with many bamboo sticks and struggles to get free. Meanwhile, as Sakura enters a large vacant room, she battles Kabuto Yakushi and Orochimaru, who already have the upper hand."

Analysis

The following analysis will look at:

· How Jiraiya found out about Sasame's betrayal

· Team Jiraiya enters the tunnels, where:

1. Jiraiya enters the tunnel on the right.

2. Naruto and Sakura enter the tunnel in the middle.

3. Gamakichi enters the tunnel on the left.

· Sakura's interaction with Kabuto and Orochimaru

How Jiraiya found out about Sasame's betrayal

Jiraiya explains that he knew about Sasame's betrayal through Hansaki, the Fuma clan leader he fought with at the tavern. He recalls the conversation he had with Hansaki at the tavern. The dialogue began like this:

Hansaki: When Orochimaru first came to this land, there was much talk. Many among my people wanted to use his power to revive our clan, others saw his evil intentions. We employed the rest not to join forces with this person.

Jiraiya: Mmmm and that's why you were chased out of your village.

Hansaki: Yes, it was probably an order from Orochimaru. They said we were endangering our clan and chased us away. They called us traitors.

Back to reality, Jiraiya said, "So you see the moment that Sasame called Hansaki a traitor, I knew she had gotten mixed up with a group on Orochimaru's side." From this interaction with Hansaki, we now have the full story about the Fuma clan and Orochimaru. Orochimaru created division within the clan to the extent that he convinced the clan to banish Hansaki and the rest for refusing to follow his evil intentions. Therefore, Hansaki played a role in having all the details about Orochimaru and his clan.

Sasame leads Naruto, Jiraiya, and Sakura to Orochimaru's hideout. They send Sasame back to the village because of the danger level. Before Sasame could take them to Orochimaru's hideout, Jiraiya said, "Sasame, my dear, Hansaki has been quite worried about you. He suspected you might leave your village to go look for Arashi. After you take us to Orochimaru's hideout, you'll immediately be sent back to the inn where Hansaki is and wait there for us to return; that shall be the punishment for your actions." After taking them to Orochimaru's hideout, she had to go back to the inn where Hansaki was and wait for their return. Hansaki turned out to be a good character compared to the first time we were introduced to him. Therefore, we see an element of change when Hansaki goes from being the enemy to being one of the good guys. Anyway, after taking them to Orochimaru's hideout, Sasame didn't go back to the inn. Instead, she is waiting for them from a distance, hoping that they will bring Arashi back to her.