Season 1: Episode 4

Source: Wikipedia

Episode Title: "Pass or Fail: Survival Test

"As their classmates gradually all meet up with their Jonin instructors, who will decide whether they are fit to become Genin, Team 7 is forced to wait for theirs. Eventually, after Naruto sets up a juvenile trap, he and his group meet their instructor, Kakashi Hatake. Appearing to be a slacker, Kakashi takes the day to let his students introduce themselves and tell each other their desires and aims: Naruto states that his dream is to become Hokage; Sakura seems too embarrassed by hers to say them publicly; and Sasuke declares his intent to restore his clan by killing an unnamed person. With the introductions over, Kakashi tells Team 7 that their test will begin tomorrow and that they are not to eat before then. The next day, after forcing Team 7 to wait for him again, Kakashi explains that the test entails the seizure of one of two bells from his person, the catch being that only two of the prospective Genin will pass while the third is sent back to the academy. While Sasuke and Sakura hide themselves away as the test begins, Naruto attempts to face Kakashi head-on with his Shadow Clone Technique, which is easily countered, and then falls for a snare trap. Taking advantage of Kakashi lecturing Naruto about falling for obvious traps, Sasuke seemingly takes out the instructor with shuriken and kunai knives."

Analysis

This episode shows the formation of Team 7 as it opens up more about the characters Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto.

Firstly, Naruto stated his dream of becoming Hokage, where everyone would have to acknowledge and respect him one day. This shows that Naruto is ambitious and is the type of character who never gives up, no matter what.

Secondly, Sakura is embarrassed because of her feelings for Sasuke. She hasn't yet found her true purpose because she is too focused on getting validation from Sasuke.

Lastly, Sasuke declares his intent to restore his clan. His story has mystery in the sense that there are a lot of secrets and histories between the Uchiha Clan and the Hidden Leaf Village. Some will be mentioned later on, and the rest will be revealed in Naruto Shippuden. However, the name of the unnamed person will be revealed later on. Moreover, Sasuke is the last person of the Uchiha Clan, while the rest of them were killed. This is why he seeks vengeance on the one who killed his clan; hence, there's an element of hatred on the part of Sasuke.

Now let's look at the Survival Test. This test was difficult because their fate as ninjas depended on it. If they failed, they would have to go back to the Ninja Academy hence they felt the pressure especially Naruto because he had worked too hard to go backward. When the test begins, Sasuke and Sakura seem to be level-headed when they hide themselves away. Naruto on the other hand just rushed into fighting Kakashi head-on without thinking things through. This is why Naruto falls for the trap. Naruto still has a lot to learn to become a strong ninja because he needs to work on his impatience. 

The lesson from this episode is that there is a need for patience when you want to achieve something in life.