Season 2: Episode 65

Source: Wikipedia,
"Dancing Leaf, Squirming Sand"

"With Sasuke and Gaara's match needing to start, the Third Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi sets a time limit for Sasuke to arrive. Sasuke arrives at the last minute with Kakashi Hatake. Meanwhile, Gaara kills a pair of ninjas who are attempting to fix the match on his way to enter the arena."

Analysis

Everyone is eager for the next match because of Sasuke, who is the only Uchiha who survived the massacre of the Uchiha Clan. The match is also important to some in the audience because they have placed their bets. Moreover, the interesting part of this episode is when the Kazekage of the Hidden Sand Village asks the Third Hokage to wait for Sasuke before disqualifying Sasuke from the match since he was running late for the match. This was their way of ensuring that their plans for invading the Hidden Leaf Village went according to plan, so they needed Sasuke to participate in the match so that the plan could work. Hiruzen Sarutobi agrees and gives a time limit for Sasuke to arrive.

When the time limit is over, people lose hope until Kakashi and Sasuke make a grand entrance. This makes the episode epic since people are excited about Sasuke's arrival. When they arrived, Kakashi apologised for running late for the match. However, it shouldn't come as a surprise when it comes to Kakashi. Kakashi is always late, lol. Anyway, the match between Sasuke and Gaara is about to start, and Gaara hasn't arrived yet.

Meanwhile, there is a pair of ninjas attempting to kill Gaara because they want to fix the match. The reason is that their master placed a bet on Sasuke to win the match. However, Gaara kills them, and when Naruto and Shikamaru witness what happened, they are frightened. Therefore, the supporting characters that tried to kill Gaara show how dangerous Gaara is, which means Sasuke is at risk of dying at the hands of Gaara. Things are getting intense, and the next episode is going to be epic.