Season 4: Episode 151

Source: Wikipedia

"Blaze Away Byakugan: This Is My Ninja Way"

"Hinata's companions are captured by the Kamizuru Clan, who attempt to search for the Bikochu. Hinata successfully escapes, destroys all the rival bug users' insects with her new technique, and forces them away, saving her companions. While trying to retrieve Sasuke's forehead protector, Naruto accidentally farts on the Bikochu, causing it to memorise his scent instead of Sasuke's. Although the mission fails to find a way of locating Sasuke, Hinata appears more confident, and her father seems to respect her more."

Analysis

The following analysis will mainly focus on Hinata's relentlessness in becoming a unique Shinobi. It will also look at Shino being a strategist and Naruto having a sense of humour towards the end of the episode.

In this episode, Naruto, Kiba, and Shino are wrapped up in beeswax due to Shino tossing a kunai at the giant Queen Bee summoned by one of the members of the Kamizuru clan. This angered the bug; hence, she trapped Shino's team with her beeswax. As a result, the genin offers Bikochu in exchange for Hinata. The Kamizuru bug users agreed since they were pressed for time and needed to find the secret book, so they agreed. Afterwards, they lead the genin to the waterfall but eventually realise that Hinata is not there and assume that the current might have swept her toward the waterfall, hence causing her death. Naruto is angry to the extent that he wants to punish them. Since Hinata is not there, Shino said the deal is off.

However, the Kamizuru bug users said something else. Due to the hostile history between the Aburame Clan and the Kamizuru Clan, they decided to plan to kill the leaf shinobi, as it would serve to get their revenge. Consequently, they offered a new deal. Either the Genin tells them the whereabouts of the Bikochu or they die. If they talk, they might consider sparing their lives. Therefore, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't, so Shino accepts defeat, and when he was about to tell them the whereabouts of the Bikochu, Naruto dared him not to tell them. Naruto gets angry to the extent that his eyes turn red, and when one of them wants to kill Naruto, a kunai that is wrapped up in a paper bomb lands where the enemies are standing. It explodes, and then afterwards, Hinata reveals herself. Who knows what would have happened if Hinata hadn't arrived? Perhaps Naruto would have killed the enemies since the nine-tailed fox was starting to reveal itself, as was evident when Naruto had red eyes.

Hinata's relentlessness in becoming a unique shinobi

Hinata's companions are captured by the Kamizuru Clan, who attempt to search for the Bikochu. Hinata successfully escapes and destroys all the rival bug users' insects with her new technique and forces them away, saving her companions. Tense music starts to play in the background as we are shown how Hinata escaped. When she was swept down by the waterfall, she came across a rock. Therefore, she used a rock to break the cacoon, and then she held on to the rock before she could be swept down the waterfall. Her relentlessness paid off as she said to herself that she wouldn't give up.

Furthermore, her new technique shows the extent of her relentlessness in becoming a unique Shinobi. As she arrived on the scene, the Kamizuru bug users used different kinds of jutsus that involved a lot of bees going after Hinata. Before she started to use her new technique, she said in her mind, "Naruto, Naruto, watch me." This shows that Naruto is one of the reasons why she has changed from feeling like a burden to being a fine shinobi. She was inspired by Naruto's determination to not give up no matter what situation he faced, hence why she trained and came up with this technique known as Protective 8 Trigrams: 64 Palms. Afterwards, uplifting music with a mix of a Japanese flute, electric guitar, drums, Japanese chants, and Japanese guitar plays in the background as her jutsu starts killing all the bees one by one. As a result, a dialogue takes place between Naruto and Shino, expressing admiration for Hinata's new jutsu. The dialogue begins like this: