Season 2: Episode 80

Source: Wikipedia,
"The Third Hokage, Forever..."

"Critically damaged, Orochimaru calls off the invasion and flees the village with his forces. In the forest, Naruto and Gaara both lay on the ground, devoid of chakra. Naruto sympathizes with Gaara for his childhood but threatens to kill Gaara if he ever brings harm to his friends again. Realizing that Naruto's strength came from the desire to protect others, Gaara begins to reshape his view of the world as his siblings take him home, and he apologizes to Temari and Kankuro. The next day, the ninja of Konoha mourn the deaths of those who died during the invasion, especially Hiruzen, as they ponder the meaning of the Third Hokage's sacrifice."

Analysis

Thanks to the third Hokage, the Hidden Leaf Village is now safe once again. Therefore, he was one of the most important characters in the anime series to highlight the message of the will of fire: the will to protect the village. 

In the forest, Naruto and Gaara both lay on the ground, devoid of chakra. Naruto sympathizes with Gaara for his childhood but threatens to kill Gaara if he ever brings harm to his friends again. Realizing that Naruto's strength came from the desire to protect others, Gaara begins to reshape his view of the world as his siblings take him home, and he apologizes to Temari and Kankuro. Naruto has compassion when he sympathizes with Gaara for his childhood. This is because he can relate to Gaara's pain. After all, he too was alone and treated as an outcast. Moreover, Naruto plays a major role in this episode because it leads to a huge change in Gaara's personality and character. He begins to reshape his view of the world, which means that Gaara no longer seeks to kill others as his purpose. He now wants to protect people who are precious to him, which is why he apologizes to Temari and Kankuro. Gaara has changed into a better person than he was before. He no longer harbours hatred; hence, he is a dynamic character who has changed for the better. 

The next day, the ninja of Konoha mourn the deaths of those who died during the invasion, especially Hiruzen, as they ponder the meaning of the Third Hokage's sacrifice. There is an element of sadness shown in this episode. The Hidden Leaf Village has lost their third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi. There is also symbolism shown in this episode when it starts to rain. It symbolizes sadness since the clouds are weeping. It's like they are mourning the death of the third Hokage. Moreover, everyone wearing black brings out the melancholic atmosphere. Everyone starts to have memories of Hiruzen Sarutobi. This compels the audience to become very saddened about his death and even cry; hence, this episode is tragic.

The lesson from this episode is that sometimes we need others to help us become the best people we can be, just like Naruto did for Gaara.