Season 3: Episode 135

Source: Wikipedia

"The Promise That Could Not Be Kept"

"Briefly coming to Kakashi's back as the rest of the Sasuke Retrieval Team is brought back to the Hidden Leaf to make a full recovery, Naruto learns that Sasuke escaped. Once fully recovered in his hospital bed, Naruto talks to Shikamaru Nara about how he failed to get Sasuke. Eavesdropping on them and reluctant to enter until Tsunade arrives to check up on Naruto, Sakura resolves to hide her sadness to cheer her teammate up as he apologizes to her for not keeping his promise. But Sakura tells him that they'll get Sasuke back together when another chance comes. Jiraiya offers Naruto a chance to live with him for three years to train to defend himself against Orochimaru and the Akatsuki. Naruto rebukes his offer, saying that he needs to focus on saving his friend first. Though Jiraiya tries to convince him that Sasuke is beyond the point of return, Naruto refuses to accept it and vows to become strong enough to get Sasuke back. Though seeing the boy's intent as foolish, Jiraiya decides to help Naruto and agrees to train him when he is ready. Elsewhere, as Sasuke arrives at Orochimaru's lair to become his apprentice, the Akatsuki assemble to discuss the new turn of events while their leader tells them that their mission is more vital."

Analysis

The following analysis will look at the use of dialogue between:

· Kakashi and the Medic ninjas

· Shikamaru and Temari

· Shikamaru and his father, Shikaku

· Orochimaru and Sasuke

· Orochimaru and Kabuto

· Sakura and Naruto

· Jiraiya and Naruto

· Jiraiya and Orochimaru

It will also look at the mystery behind the Akatsuki.

Use of dialogue between Kakashi and the Medic Ninjas

Briefly coming to Kakashi's back as the rest of the Sasuke Retrieval Team is brought back to the Hidden Leaf to make a full recovery, Naruto learns that Sasuke escaped. At the forest, the medic ninjas arrive and ask Kakashi about Naruto's condition. In response, he says that Naruto will pull through. Moreover, when the medic ninjas were wondering about Sasuke's whereabouts, Kakashi shook his head, and that's when Naruto knew that Sasuke had escaped. As the conversation proceeded, Kakashi asked about the well-being of the other genin. The medic ninja responds by saying that Lady Tsunade dispatched the first and second medical core to pick them up and that emergency treatment was administered on the scene. Afterwards, they were all immediately transported to the hospital.

The following dialogue explains the condition the Genin are currently facing:

Kakashi: They were all wounded?

First Medic Ninja: Yes, Shikamaru Nara is doing fine with only minor injuries; Kiba Inuzuka is more serious but not life-threatening.

Second Medic Ninja: However, Neji Hyuga and Choji Akimichi are both in critical condition. At this point, they could go either way."

Shikamaru and Kiba are going to be fine. However, what's concerning is Choji and Neji's injuries. Therefore, one is curious to know what will happen next.

Use of dialogue between Shikamaru and Temari

Shikamaru is waiting outside of the hospital rooms with a bandaged finger, anxiously waiting for the recovery of his friends, especially Choji. Temari is also waiting with Shikamaru, and a conversation between the two of them begins: