Season 1: Episode 24

Source: Wikipedia
"Start Your Engines: The Chunin Exam Begins!"

"As everyone takes their seats, Ibiki explains that the first phase of the exam will be a written test where the teams with higher points continue to the next phase. Ibiki's assistants line the sides of the room to observe the Genin to ensure they do not cheat, with teams removed from the room if any member is caught cheating five times. Except for Naruto and Sakura, Sasuke and everyone else realize that the real test is to subtly cheat using their unique skills. While Sakura can answer the questions, Naruto is the opposite, as he feels he must place all his faith in the final question, which will be given fifteen minutes before the test's end."

Analysis

The test is interesting in the sense that they have to subtly cheat using their unique ninja skills. In this case, it's to test if they can work together as a team, especially during battle. Therefore, the test shows an element of deception since the examiner said they shouldn't cheat, but only smart candidates figured out what the test meant. Sasuke knew what the test was about because of his intelligence. He and Kakashi are alike because they always have answers to everything.

Sakura could answer the questions because she was good at writing tests during her time at the Ninja Academy. Naruto, on the other hand, can't because he was never really good at writing the tests. Naruto is one of the most special ninjas because he only became Genin because of his Shadow Clones in episode 1, which Iruka used to convince everyone that Naruto was worthy of graduating from the Ninja Academy.

Naruto puts his faith in the last test; hence, there is an element of suspense on whether he will pass the last test or not. Therefore, we are left with questions about what the last test entails.

The lesson from this episode is that there is nothing clear when it comes to life. Instead, it surprises you, just like this unusual test in this episode.