Season 3: Episode 120

Source: Wikipedia
"Roar and Howl! The Ultimate Tag Team."

"As Tayuya guides her three beasts after Shikamaru, she activates the first level of her cursed seal to make controlling them easier. Naruto too begins his battle, creating a great deal of shadow clones with which to attack Kimimaro, though Kimimaro can defeat the clones by the dozens. As the fight between Kiba and Akamaru vs. Sakon and Ukon rages on, Ukon pushes his cursed seal into its second level. Recognizing the huge increase in strength that this allows, the brothers Kiba and Akamaru combine to become a giant double-headed wolf. The combined beast charges towards Sakon and Ukon, though the brothers can block the attack. As the wolf transformation disperses, Akamaru is attacked and left heavily injured, and Ukon merges himself with Kiba's body. Needing to get rid of Ukon to save Akamaru, Kiba stabs himself in the stomach, causing him and Ukon to start coughing up blood."

Analysis

As the episode begins, they highlight three battles. These include:

● Shikamaru versus Tayuya

● Naruto versus Kimimaru

● Kiba and Akamaru vs. Sakon and Ukon

Out of all the battles, there is one that is very crucial in this episode. This is the battle between Kiba and Akamaru vs. Sakon and Ukon.

As the fight between Kiba and Akamaru vs. Sakon and Ukon rages on, Ukon pushes his cursed seal into its second level.  When Ukon pushed his cursed seal into its second level, their chakra increased tenfold; hence, they had the upper hand against Kiba and Akamaru.

Recognizing the huge increase in strength that this allows the brothers, Kiba and Akamaru, to combine to become a giant double-headed wolf, Akamaru is presented as a courageous character. For instance, he is willing to risk his life for the deadly jutsu Wolf Fang Over Fang: Man Beast Transformation Combo, despite Kiba's warning. This kind of jutsu uses a lot of chakra; hence, they cannot afford to miss defeating the enemy. Moreover, during this transformation, drums, electric guitar, Japanese flute, and Japanese guitar play in the background to signify that Kiba and Akamaru have the upper hand against Sakon and Ukon.

The combined beast charges towards Sakon and Ukon, though the brothers can block the attack. In this quotation, Kiba has mentioned something significant about the jutsu: the Man Beast Transformation Combo. For instance, he said that they have a revolutionary speed that is so intense that they cannot see while attacking. However, their attack can hit the enemy without direct contact. Moreover, if the attack hits the enemy, they will be ripped to shreds. Therefore, it explains why Sakon and Ukon were ripped into two. However, Sakon and Ukon have regenerated themselves despite being ripped into two. 

As the wolf transformation disperses, Akamaru is attacked and left heavily injured, and Ukon merges himself with Kiba's body. Dramatic music plays in the background as the twins perform a summoning jutsu known as Rashōmon. It is more like a defensive mechanism against any form of attack; hence, it is their greatest defence that they learned from Orochimaru. 

According to the Narutopedia Website, Sakon and Ukon could use Summoning: Rashōmon when they were apart from one another by keeping a specific space between them. In the anime, instead of merely summoning one Rashōmon gate, they could summon three after being resurrected and altered. Additionally, they added a projectile launcher to the formation's centre gate. 

Moreover, Kiba and Akamaru are praised by Sakon and Ukon for being able to dent Orochimaru's biggest defence, the gate. Therefore, one understands that Kiba and Akamaru's technique is very strong, to the extent that it left a dent in the gate. Furthermore, one understands the significance of the Rashōmon as it serves as a defence mechanism against any form of attack.

Needing to get rid of Ukon to save Akamaru, Kiba stabs himself in the stomach, causing him and Ukon to start coughing up blood. When Kiba realizes that Akamaru is injured, he starts to have memories. These memories show that they have a strong bond, e.g., the fight between them and Naruto during the Chunin Exams; hence, one understands that Kiba and Akamaru have a close friendship. 

Ukon was attaching himself to Kiba because he wanted to eradicate all of Kiba's cells inside out. As a result, the Japanese guitar plays consistently in the background as Kiba stabs himself so that the enemy dies. Therefore, the fact that Kiba is willing to risk his life to kill Ukon shows how much he cares about saving his comrade, Sasuke; hence, Kiba is presented as being brave.

The lesson from this episode is that when you care about someone, you will do anything to protect them. Kiba was willing to risk his life to save a comrade, Sasuke.