Season 2: Episode 67

Source: Wikipedia
"Late for the Show, But Ready to Go! The Ultimate Secret Technique is Born!"

"To break through Gaara's defence, Sasuke uses his new jutsu, Chidori, to pierce Gaara's shield. This causes Gaara to stop his transformation, as he panics upon seeing that he is bleeding. At that moment, Kabuto uses a genjutsu to put the audience to sleep, signalling the start of the invasion of Konoha."

Analysis

According to the title of the episode, Sasuke is about to show everyone his secret technique known as the Chidori, a jutsu created by Kakashi Hatake. In the episode, Kakashi explains the jutsu to Naruto, Sakura, and Might Guy.  What is the Chidori? Well, according to other sources on the internet, Kakashi Hatake invented the jutsu chidori to give the Rasengan a natural transforming element. The user summons lightning to their palm to perform, and the sound is similar to numerous birds chirping. The user rushes at their target and thrusts the Chidori into them, piercing them and usually dealing deadly damage, after gathering the necessary chakra. Chidori is essentially an assassination method that is exclusive to the Sharingan possessor. Therefore, Kakashi and Sasuke were training for this new jutsu. It's one of the reasons why Kakashi and Sasuke were late for the match. Moreover, Kakashi reassures Naruto that Sasuke will be all right, hence why Sasuke used his new jutsu, Chidori, to pierce Gaara's shield.

After Sasuke pierces through Gaara's shield using his Chidori, this causes Gaara to stop his transformation, as he panics upon seeing that he is bleeding. This jutsu only works perfectly if someone possesses the Sharingan. Moreover, it is one of the reasons why Kakashi didn't train Naruto. Instead, he wanted to train Sasuke with the new jutsu, Chidori. Therefore, Kakashi knew that Sasuke needed this new jutsu because Sasuke possessed the Sharingan. Kakashi thought of this way ahead, which shows that he is the type of character who always formulates plans that are beneficial for the future.

Meanwhile, Kabuto activated a genjutsu to put the audience to sleep, signalling the start of the invasion of Konoha. Things have gotten very interesting since the invasion started. Moreover, this invasion will reveal Orochimaru's plans. Furthermore, Kabuto's interference interrupted the match between Gaara and Sasuke. What will happen next? This left us in suspense until the next episode.

The lesson from this episode is that it's better to plan things so that you're well prepared, just like Kakashi taught Sasuke the new jutsu, Chidori.