Season 1: Episode 35

Source: Wikipedia,
"The Scroll's Secret: No Peeking Allowed."

"Naruto awakens and, upon realizing that they need another scroll to pass, decides to forge a new one, but has to open their existing scroll to do so, an action banned by the rules of the exam. However, before he could do so, Kabuto, separated from his team, stopped him, stating that those who did would be rendered unconscious until the end of the exam. He then accompanies Team 7 to the tower in the centre of the forest. Along the way, the group encounters a genjutsu set by the Rain Genin group, whose teammate Sasuke had defeated previously. By the time they realize that they are not getting any closer to the centre of the forest, they are attacked by several clones."

Analysis

Kabuto plays an important part in this episode in the sense that if he hadn't warned the team about opening the scroll, Team 7 would have failed the second stage of the Chunin Exam.

Moreover, Kabuto accompanies Team 7 to the tower in the centre of the forest. Along the way, the group realized that they were under a genjutsu set by the Rain Genin Group. Things get intense when they are attacked by several clones. This is bad. What will happen next? We are left with a lot of questions, hence the element of suspense. Moreover, in the next episode, we are expecting a battle between Kabuto and Team 7 versus the clones from the Rain Genin Group.

The lesson from this episode is that it is important to listen to instructions, especially during exams.